Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at Extra Space Storage
Are you passionate about taking care of internal customers? You will love our fun and dynamic company culture! We want a high-energy and creative leader that brings awesome human resources skills and is ready to join our fast-growing Extra Space family. Since 2016 we have been a part of the S&P 500 and lead the self-storage industry in more ways than one. In 2018, we were a recipient of one of the Best Places to Work according to Glassdoor.
Reporting to the Director, Field Human Resources, the Human Resources Manager will direct all human resource functions and services of the Human Resource Department to support ESMI, as well as, contribute to company growth and performance within an assigned division. The incumbent applies human resource policies, programs, knowledge, and practices to provide a balanced, strategic program throughout the assigned Divisions. The position provides guidance and assistance to Operations and other field functions within the assigned divisions and executive management to promote a productive organization, employee effectiveness and successful operations.
- Implement with a clear understanding of company-wide human resource policies, strategies, and programs
- Utilize partnerships to ensure effective and responsive service to District Managers and employees at assigned locations
- Provide direction and guidance in the delivery of day-to-day services and management of ongoing projects
- Confer with staff regarding precedent-setting issues and administrative practices
- Participate as a team member in support of Operations efforts
- Analyzes data to identify trends - develop solutions to address business challenges
- Utilize in-depth knowledge of management requirements, wage and salary principles and wage and hour laws
- Oversee and implement disciplinary practices, termination procedures, complaint resolution, investigations of employment practices, worker’s compensation and unemployment administration and arbitration procedures
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues in a productive and service-oriented way
- Understand and assist with Leaves of Absence issues, and ADA requests through interactive process
- Continued study of new human resource practices, legislative developments, trends and industry knowledge through participation in professional and industry associations
- Provide training and seminars related to federal/state laws and compliance to assigned divisions as needed
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to resolve sensitive issues with employees including: interviewing, hiring, training, appraising, rewarding, educating and disciplining
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in HR Management or related field
- 3 to 5 years' human resource experience (3+ years’ employee relations experience preferred)
- Experience working with MS Office products, HRIS and Performance Management systems
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.