Extra Space Storage
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Extra Space Storage
It is a really exciting time to be at Extra Space Storage! We got our start in 1977. Today we are a New York Stock Exchange-traded company leading the self-storage industry in more ways than one. But in order to maintain this lead, we need exceptionally motivated, capable, and driven people like you. We offer a fast-paced collaborative environment where each of us directly contributes to the company’s success. Come join us and find out why so many of our employees recommend us as great place to work.
The Benefits Coordinator will manage and oversee the Leave of Absence vendor partner and coordinate all internal leave of absence activity. The Leaves of Absence/Benefits Coordinator will also assist in benefits and wellness administration. This position functions as a liaison between vendors, employees, and managers, while assisting in various benefit responsibilities.
- Partners and oversees the Leave of Absence vendor in the administration of Federal and State Leaves, Disabilities, and Worker’s Compensation Administration
- Coordinate salary continuance and disability pay with the Payroll team
- Perform leave of absence audits
- Manage and administer the Leave Bank
- Conduct weekly, monthly, and quarterly benefit audits/reporting
- Pay benefit bills accurately and timely
- Assist with the administering of wellness programs, activities, and events
- Daily, assisting and responding to employee questions regarding leave of absences, benefits, and wellness
- Excellent verbal and written expression
- Working knowledge of Federal and State leave of absence laws and regulations, preferably in various states, particularly the state of California
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to prioritize workload to properly manage a high-volume workload
- Ability to maintain employee confidentiality and sensitive to employee leave and wellness issues
- Familiarity with HCM systems, preferably Workday
We pride ourselves on hiring top talent and provide the following benefits and more:
- Well defined career paths
- Qualify for Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits on Day 1
- Health Savings Account (HSA) or Flexible Spending (FSA)
- Company paid Life, AD&D, and Short & Long Term Disability
- 401K with company match after 90 days of service
- Holiday pay and paid time off
- Extensive Wellness Program and various Employee Discount Programs
- Personal Health Advocate
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Free soda, coffee, and drinks all day every day and much, much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
If you are a current Extra Space employee, please apply through the "Find Internal Career Openings" in Workday.
Extra Space Storage is the second largest operator of self-storage facilities in the U.S. Since we were founded in 1977, we’ve taken the storage industry by storm. In 2015 alone we added 1.6 Billion dollars in new acquisitions to our already large property portfolio.
The cornerstone of Extra Space Storage is successful partnerships with our stakeholders, partners, investors and customers. Our goals are driven by an impassioned, dedicated workforce that thrives in the innovation driven corporate environment. We are the best, at getting better!
Our Team Makes Us EXTRAordinary
Knowledge is power and experience is valuable. This is why we strive to attract the best candidates for every position at Extra Space Storage. Every position is valuable to our success from our executive management team, corporate employees, on-site managers and call center team.
Offering a Career Path Paved with Innovation and Satisfaction
Attracting the best candidates in any field requires a commitment to job satisfaction. At Extra Space Storage, job satisfaction is high, this is why we have one of the best retention rates in the business. We know that our success depends on our team loving their jobs!
An Extra Space employee is number one valued and knows they are invaluable to the team, customer and company. Second they are passionate enjoying a challenging and rewarding career path armed with the tools they need to succeed. Add a fun work culture and spectacular offices makes Extra Space a pretty amazing place to work.