Endemolshine North America
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Endemolshine North America
The Payroll Director will report to the VP Finance/Controller and will be responsible for the effective management of timely and accurate payroll processing for 8 Company/pay groups. The Payroll Director will be accountable for compliance with all payroll regulations and business policies across different companies and different geographies. This position manages a Payroll team of two employees in an energetic environment. The ideal candidate will have multi-state and international experience. You will need to have the ability and an interest in taking charge of various payroll projects and will need to drive efficiencies and standardization among the business units. We are looking for someone that is self-motivated, detail oriented, solid interpersonal and people-management skills, experience in fast-paced environments, excellent project management skills and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- Reports to VP Finance/Controller and oversees the daily operations within the Payroll Department, managing and mentoring/developing a team of 2 full-time direct reports.
- Work closely with HR and the Payroll Manager and Payroll Coordinator to process 8 company/pay groups on weekly and semi-monthly payroll schedule for the United States.
- Ensure the integrity of the ADP Workforce Now timekeeping system, making sure it is maintained, and system is used to its fullest capabilities. Work closely with HR to ensure compliance with wage and hour laws as well as appropriate Company policies regarding timekeeping and time off.
- Work closely with HR on integration of ADP Workforce Now and Workday HRIS, ensuring accurate and timely data transmission from Workday to ADP
- Develop and manage projects or assignments that are moderately complex in nature where professional judgment is required in solving problems and making recommendations.
- Follow and manage payroll work flows and maintain applicable documentation required within a SOX Internal Controls environment.
- Provide support/guidance for ADP Streamline in Mexico and Brazil offices.
- Responsible for working with 3rd party vendors and establishing relationships; partner with HR department to maintain open communication with vendors and third-party administrators.
- Manage compliance with all payroll regulations and business policies. Maintain extensive understanding of Federal and California, Florida, & New York state laws and regulations.
- Responsible for team's ability to process all withholding tax issues including quarterly and annual balancing and audits.
- Assure timely and accurate filing of all federal, state and local taxes in various states where the company has employees. This includes in some cases establishing a new location with appropriate government agencies.
- Responsible for output of accurate data provided to Accounting or HR for various reports such as PTO accruals, 401 (k), FSA/HSA, ACA, etc.
- Providing support in the Quarter/Year-end process and/or audits as requested by business units, tax department, government agencies and HR/Finance.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and establish strong cross-functional relationships.
Skill / Requirements
- Minimum eight years payroll experience and minimum five years of supervisory experience
- Bachelors Degree
- Experience processing payroll for 300+ employee population company; Multi-state payroll experience required
- Experience in managing a payroll team, ideally in a growing, changing, fast paced environment
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Workday HRIS strongly preferred
- Entertainment industry experience preferred
- Advanced knowledge of PC applications (principally Excel and MS Office products)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to facilitate clear and concise communication with a high level of professionalism.
- Well versed with standard payroll/accounting concepts, practices.
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through endemolshine.us/careers to be considered
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years or older.