Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Administrative Assistant - HR & Accounting
at Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse provides domestic abuse intervention and prevention services, and is the largest domestic abuse service provider in Southern Arizona.
We’re committed to making our community a safer place for everyone. Join us!
In this position you will:
- Provide assistance to Accounting department with a variety of tasks
- Help Emerge! find excellent employees by administering the recruiting process
- Assist with additional Human Resources tasks
This position requires an advanced level of skills in Outlook, Excel and Word. Highly qualified candidates who have been identified for consideration will be asked to complete a skills assessment. The assessment will include completing a variety of tasks in each program.
- Support Accounting with:
- Collect and reconcile back-up documentation with credit card and vendor statements
- Disbursement of accounts payable checks, filing, document management and deliveries of deposits to the bank
- Coordinate completion of time sheets for all employees and assist with preparing and submitting back-up documentation for grant billings
- Support Human Resources with:
- Recruiting/Hiring process tasks, such as tracking applications and communicating with candidates, scheduling interviews, conducting reference checks, etc.
- Assist with new employee orientation logistics and recordkeeping
- Track employee requirements such as CPR certification and DPS fingerprint cards
- Assist with other Human Resources tasks as needed
- Keep confidential and/or privileged and proprietary information confidential during and after employment
- Associate degree, Bachelor degree preferred
- Two years progressively responsible and diverse administrative experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Accounting/bookkeeping experience
- Experience with Human Resources functions
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated
- Advanced computer skills including e-mail, calendars, document processing, spreadsheets and databases
- Appropriate fingerprint clearance through the Arizona Department of Public Safety
- CPR/First Aid certification
- Valid Arizona Driver License and proof of automobile insurance
(No action is needed to acquire fingerprint clearance or CPR/1st Aid prior to possible employment and Emerge! will cover expenses upon employment.)
- Must be able to sit or stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word to impart oral information to clients or to the public and to convey detailed spoken instructions to other workers accurately or quickly
- Must be able to lift up to twenty-five pounds
- Provide CPR/First Aid
- Visual acuity and hand dexterity to work with computer systems (monitor, keyboard), reports, and other data sources, reading/entering/processing data and figures
- Ability to use basic office equipment, including computer, fax machine, printers, copier/scanner, adding machine
Emerge! is an equal opportunity employer
To be considered for an open position at Emerge! please submit a fully completed Emerge! application. Your resume with a completed application is welcome.
Instructions for application submission:
To submit via email, download and save the application to your computer BEFORE you complete it, Open the PDF from the location you saved it to on your computer and fill out the PDF. Make sure to save your changes often. Attach the completed application it to your email and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit via mail, print completed application and address envelopes to:
Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse
2545 E. Adams St.
Tucson, AZ 85716
To submit via fax, print the completed application and fax to 520.795.1559.
Thank you for your interest in Emerge! Center Against Domestic Abuse.