El Camino Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Training InformaticsLiaison II - Clinical Informatics
at El Camino Hospital
Specializing in one or more applications, the Physician Liaison/Trainer's primary responsibilities are for the development and implementation of the training program for their respective Epic application(s), to coordinate implementation and perform Tier II end user support of new and upgraded Clinical Information System applications effecting clinical workflow throughout the Mountain View and Los Gatos campuses. Duties include build, test, and maintain training environment; create and maintain all training materials; train and credential additional classroom trainers, acts as the liaison to clinical staff, managers and iCare Analysts, and is the primary contact for clinical systems, clinician issues and assistance including testing and follow up support. Masters both an Epic application and El Camino Hospital's specific workflow to understand decisions that will affect end-user training development. Influences and coordinates with organizational leaders, super users, Epic application coordinators, and the Informatics Manager to develop curriculum that explains the functions and processes of the new system and relates them to the context of existing workflows. Mentors junior informatics staff on the principle of informatics, system support, and training. May need to travel between campuses to perform duties. Provides Tier 2 level support. Participates in rotating on-call support of Clinical Systems.
1. Two years of college or equivalent education/training
2. Bachelor's degree in education, business, computer science, or healthcare-related field preferred.
3. Four years of education, healthcare or business systems experience (Six years required if not Bachelor degreed)
4. Knowledge of adult learning principles with prior training experience strongly preferred.
5. Project management and/or systems implementation experience. Prior Epic experience preferred.
6. Clinical or technical experience in area corresponding to assigned application preferred.
7. Proven ability with Excel, Word, and Outlook.
8. Demonstrated leadership, project management, and excellent communication skills. Must demonstrate ability to work well with physicians, nursing, and ancillary staff and also be self directed
9. Ability to work with minimum supervision and to interact well with all levels of employees and physicians throughout the organization, participate in intra- and interdepartmental collaboration, and handle multiple tasks concurrently to meet deadlines.
1. If configuring Epic, certification is required (certification within 6 weeks after last class if not already certified)
2. Valid Healthcare certification or licensure preferred
3. Valid California driver's license