East West Family of Companies
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Payroll and Benefits
at East West Family of Companies
East West Family of Companies is seeking an experienced Director of Payroll & Benefits to join our team! This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and is a member of the Support Services leadership team. Primary responsibilities include: The development and control of payroll and benefits objectives, policies, and processes; Directing a team of payroll and benefits associates; and Ensuring compliance in all related activities. The Director of Payroll and Benefits will use their expertise to work collaboratively across the company to drive organizational goals.
- Position develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing and benefits administration objectives, including relationships with internal and external auditors, state and federal agencies and benefits vendors.
- Responsible for maintaining, improving and establishing payroll policies and procedures to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll.
- Initiates continuous process improvements within the payroll department.
- Plans and supervises the various employee benefits programs, including, but not limited to, health, life, accident, retirement, disability and unemployment insurance, employee assistance programs, and flexible spending plans, and performs related duties as required while ensuring compliance with applicable federal and state laws as well as EWH, East West Partners and Slifer Smith & Frampton requirements.
- Coordinates, updates and distributes certain company policies.
- Leads and manages a team of payroll and benefits staff.
- Actively participates as a member of the Support Services leadership team.
This unique role provides support for East West Family of Companies, which includes three sister companies - East West Hospitality, East West Partners and Slifer Smith & Frampton - totaling 1300 employees. These companies span multiple industries, including hospitality, retail, food & beverage, spa, development, and real estate, and have operations in various locations throughout CO, UT, CA, SC, and HI. Position is based at the Corporate East West Hospitality office in Avon, CO.
Start Date: ASAP
Employment Type: Full Time, Year Round
Location: Avon, CO
Benefits & Culture:
Eligible for comprehensive benefits package including: Health Insurance, 401k plan with match, Paid Time Off, Sick Time, Wellness / Ski Pass Incentive, and Employee Assistance Program.
Great perks including: Discounted gym memberships; 30% OFF at Eye Pieces of Vail; Slifer Smith & Frampton real estate discount; Marriott discount; on-site parking; bus pass discount; discounts at local shops; free trainings and more!
At East West our Vision is to be the most trusted hospitality services company and employer of choice built on genuine and enduring relationships. We believe in doing the right thing for each other, our community, our environment, and those we serve. We hope you’ll consider joining us! Visit our website to learn more about East West at https://eastwest.com
LIVE. WORK. THRIVE.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- College degree in accounting, human resource management or other related field and two (2) years managing payroll and / or benefits functions; or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Extensive knowledge of payroll and benefit laws and requirements (550 forms, 401k audits, tax requirements and deadlines, DOL requirements and laws, ACA requirements and law).
- Demonstrated effectiveness in leading high performing teams.
- Advanced computer skills (intermediate-advance Excel/Word) - i.e. knowledge of Vloookups, data validation, match function, etc.
- Experience with Kronos helpful.