Dynamic Workforce Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
The FoodShare Employment and Training Statewide Trainer (FSET Program Trainer)
at Dynamic Workforce Solutions
- 27-Nov-2019 to 30-Jan-2020 (CST)
- Wisconsin DCF Training
- Madison, WI, USA
- 45,000 to 47,000
- Full Time
Job Title: The FoodShare Employment and Training Statewide Trainer (FSET)
Reports To: DCF Training Project Manager
Office Location: Madison, WI
Type: Full-time- Exempt
Wage: 45,000 to 47,000 a year
Primary Objectives of Position:
The development and delivery of quality FSET Training to new and experienced FSET staff and supervisors. This position will communicate all eligibility and enrollment policies and processes efficiently and effectively.
Essential Job Functions:
This position will engage in professional activities acting as the BEPS contact for FSET policy and system problem resolution for the 11 FSET Regions and the Tribal FSET/IM agencies. This position has wide latitude for independent discretion in task sequence and accomplishment methodology. This position's duties include a combination of the following:
- Act as the Bureau of Enrollment Policy and Systems contact for program process and systems questions from other organizations (e.g., counties, agencies, recipients' advocates, attorneys, other states, etc.);
- Analyze and advise management regarding logistical program delivery issues;
- Advise bureau management and FSET agencies to ensure the needs of the Department and the needs of our customers are being met;
- Perform a variety of related diverse functions to ensure the FSET program runs smoothly. Including, but not limited to, participating in program development, establishment of program policies and procedures, program implementation, and consultation of vendors;
- Participate in the coordination of key program operations processes to support the DHS FSET programs information systems.
- Advise FSET agency staff regarding case specific policy and process questions/issues.
- Assist the Department's Bureau of Enrollment Policy and Systems in developing and implementing training curriculum and presenting the curriculum via in-person or distance delivery, as determined appropriate by the Income Maintenance Training Section Chief.
- Assist BEPS Income Maintenance Training staff in the development, implementation, and analysis of training needs, assessments, curriculum, and surveys.
- Independently initiate the evaluation, conversion, and testing of FSET training scenarios to determine the effectiveness of training methods, guidelines, policy, and techniques.
- Develop and deliver competency based training, ensuring that objectives are clearly stated and presented.
- Maintain the existing FoodShare Employment and Training Distance Learning based curriculum that is currently housed on the DHS Learning Center. In addition, develop additional FSET related training to be housed on the DHS Learning Center, as needed.
- Recommend strategies for marketing training to FSET agency staff and promote FSET training courses via the DHS Learning Center and other methods, as deemed appropriate.
- Participate in staff meetings as assigned for appropriate in-service training and other training and remain current with new Distance Education techniques and procedures.
- Participate in FSET related workgroups and determine the best training approach and methodology for any FSET related trainings that may result from participation in the workgroup.
Qualifications- Education and/or Experience:
Education: Bachelor's Degree preferred (or year for year experience in training within the Workforce Development or Social Services area).
Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience in W-2, FSET, or related case management programs in Food Share, Medicaid etc. Experience in training. Experience working with state systems (CARES, CWW, ACCESS, KIDS).
- Ability to work independently, under general supervision, and to exercise good judgment.
- Outstanding verbal and written skills, including the ability to create, design, and deliver clear training presentations.
- Knowledge of federal regulations, state statutes, administrative code and handbook policies and procedures pertaining to financial, nonfinancial, and functional BadgerCare Plus, Medicaid, Caretaker Supplement and FoodShare eligibility requirements and well as FSET program and policy.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Word, MS Excel, SnagIt, MS PowerPoint. General working knowledge of Captivate, Articulate 360, and Vyond, not required but preferred.
- Ability to present complex concepts, policies, and processes to large groups of people with widely varying levels of expertise, in a way that maximizes comprehension and retention of the material.
- Working knowledge of effective adult education methods and accepted practices.
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and complete reports and supporting documentation.
- Ability to exercise judgment and discretion in applying and interpreting administrative policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with bureau staff, state, and local agencies and the general public.
- Ability to independently plan and coordinate workload demands.
- Ability to handle multiple ongoing complex tasks.
- Ability to identify priorities and research/solve problems independently.
Other: Solid follow-through and attention to detail. Flexibility and adaptability to change. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously. Valid driver's license and reliable vehicle for required extensive state-wide travel. Other duties could be assigned that are not listed above.
Benefits: Insurance: Health, Life, Dental and Disability, PTO, Paid Holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Account, Tuition Assistance