Divine Savior Healthcare
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Resident Assistant/C.N.A - Part Time Days - $14.00 + Shift & Weekend Premium + Benefits
at Divine Savior Healthcare
Aspirus Divine Savior Healthcare
Work Hours: 6:00am-2:30pm; e/o Weekend; e/o Holiday
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides assistive services supporting residents' activities of daily living according to facility policies and procedures, and according to state and federal regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for a Resident Assistant (RA):
- Assists residents in all areas of personal hygiene, activities of daily living and care of their living area and personal belongings. Encourages residents to the highest practical level of independence with these activities.
- Helps provide a home-like atmosphere for residents.
- Encourages residents to participate in social activities.
- Documents according to established standards.
- Recognizes changes in resident's physical, cognitive and emotional status and reports resident condition to the RN or LPN.
- Performs light housekeeping and laundry duties as assigned. Helps maintain a clean, safe and orderly environment for residents.
- Provides treatment and medication administration to residents or reminds residents to self-administer medications under the direction of the RN or LPN safely and according to current policies and procedures.
- Follows the Individual Service Plan (ISP) of care/teaching plan to address resident needs.
- Assists other team members through the steps of the care process.
- Performs other duties as assigned or as opportunities arise.
Educational Qualifications for a Resident Assistant (RA):
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Completion of an accredited CBRF/Assisted Living training program within 90 days of being hired
Work Relationship for a Resident Assistant (RA):
- Reports directly to the Department Director.
- Extensive contact with residents and families.
- Works regularly with nursing staff and staff from other patient care departments.
Working Conditions for a Resident Assistant (RA):
- Work is performed largely in a CBRF/Assisted Living environment.
- Occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions.
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Occasionally exposed to hazardous materials such as needle punctures, blood and body fluids.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Requirements for a Resident Assistant (RA):
- Frequently required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Occasionally required to sit or climb.
- Required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds of department supplies and equipment.
- Occasionally may need to move patients and/or equipment of more than 100 pounds.
- Requires specific vision abilities for far vision, near vision, depth perception, colors, accommodation and peripheral vision.
- Vision correctable to 20/40.
Acknowledgement: This job description/evaluation describes the general nature and level of work performed by an employee
assigned to this position. It does not state or imply that these are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to the job. The employee may be required to perform other job-related duties as requested by the department manager or administration. All requirements are subject to change over time and to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.