Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Recruiter - Human Resources
at Devereux Arizona
- Requisition ID
- People Operations
- Position Type
Are you a service-oriented team player, skilled at building relationships and taking initiative? Are you results-driven and tech savvy?
Then consider joining our Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health Team as a Recruitment Specialist, a rewarding experience that will give you a great sense of personal achievement!
Being a Recruitment Specialist at Devereux has its Advantages!
You will work with other dedicated professionals who share your passion in People Operations. We offer:
- A collaborative People Operations Team with support nationally from Devereux's People Operations/Recruitment Network
- Growth opportunities that allow you to expand your career and your skills
- A fun, fast-paced environment
- Competitive salary and amazing benefits!
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health, located in Phoenix, AZ, is seeking an energetic, Recruitment Specialist to join our People Operations team. This is an opportunity for someone with recruitment experience looking to grow and develop as a Recruitment Specialist.
As the Recruitment Specialist, you will:
- Create and manage requisitions and applicants through our applicant tracking system.
- Screen all applications/resumes and forward to hiring managers for review.
- Conduct phone-screens as necessary, complete reference and background checks and extend job offers.
- Creatively source for open positions, and develop proactive recruiting techniques.
- Establish relationships with local colleges, and attend job fairs and other recruiting opportunities.
- Coordinate the first day of new hire orientation and train the HR portions.
- Most importantly…you’ll have a POSITIVE IMPACT on our clients through the individuals you hire, and a great sense of personal achievement!
What is People Operations?
Today, many businesses are moving toward the term “People Operations,” as this function is viewed as an equal partner across business lines. Truly, an organization’s employee workforce requires the same strategic approach and vision as its other core business functions. So, whereas HR functions are more narrowed in scope, People Operations is more strategic and data-driven, placing purposeful focus on people and culture, and working to build a sense of community among colleagues. At Devereux, our goal is to serve as a valued and trusted strategic partner, helping centers/departments make the best possible people-based decisions that will benefit employees, the individuals we serve and the overall organization.
Keywords: recruitment specialist, recruiter, talent acquisition, human resources, HR assistant, HR specialist, HR recruiter, sourcing, personnel, staffing, sourcer
- Bachelors Degree preferred, equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Minimum three (3) years high-volume recruitment experience, preferably in healthcare, human services and/or non-profit setting.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications, and Human Resources Information systems, specifically applicant tracking systems.
- Must have exceptional written/oral communication skills, and the ability to manage multiple projects across multiple disciplines autonomously; ability to effectively interact with all levels of the organization. Sound decision making and problem solving skills;
- Knowledge of state and federal employment law.
- Requires demonstrated proficiency using multiple techniques for candidate identification, including, but not limited to: referrals, internal databases, internet sourcing, social recruiting, cold calling and direct recruiting to obtain qualified candidates.
About Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health
Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health is one of the largest and most advanced behavioral healthcare organizations in the country. Informed by the latest advancements in science and medicine, we combine evidence-based interventions with compassionate family engagement to help change lives. We were founded in 1912 by special education pioneer, Helena Devereux. Today, Devereux is a national nonprofit partner for individuals, families, schools and communities, serving many of the most vulnerable members of our society in areas of autism, intellectual and developmental disabilities, specialty mental health, and child welfare.
Our Mission: Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health changes lives – by unlocking and nurturing human potential for people living with emotional, behavioral or cognitive differences.
We employ more than 7,500 staff and operate 15 centers in 13 states. We offer a comprehensive national network of clinical, therapeutic, educational, and employment programs and services that positively impact the lives of tens of thousands of children, adults and their families every year.
Our Culture, Our Expectations
At Devereux, we strive to incorporate servant leadership into our culture and every aspect of our organizational framework; from the delivery of quality services to individuals served, their families, and other stakeholders to the development and empowerment of our employees. We offer challenging and exciting work, and our supportive team environment creates an empowering and positive atmosphere. To be successful in our work environment, you will put the needs of others first, and will feel called to serve, and called to lead.
Competitive Salary and Benefits
In addition to a competitive salary, Devereux Advanced Behavioral Health provides a comprehensive health and welfare program to eligible full-time employees, family members and domestic partners. Our benefit programs include medical (including telemedicine - medical care via phone, web, app), dental, prescription drug, preventative care, mental health services and an employee assistance / work-life balance program. In addition, we offer tuition assistance, generous time-off, a 403(b) retirement plan with matching benefit, and voluntary/employee paid supplemental life and accident coverage.
Visit benefits.devereux.org to see why we are a great place to work!
The employment policies of Devereux are to recruit and hire qualified employees without discrimination because of race, religion, creed, color, age, sex, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, disability, veteran status, communication ability, gender identity or expression or sexual orientation and to treat them equally with respect to compensation and opportunities for advancement - including upgrading, promotion and transfer - consistent with individual skills and the needs of Devereux.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We will consider applicants for this position without regard to any category protected by applicable federal, state or local law, including but not limited to race, religion, sex, color, age, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, national origin, marital status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status or uniform service member status.
Devereux is a drug-free workplace, drug screening required. EOE