DCH Health System
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cardiovascular Services Clinical Training Specialist, RN - CICU
at DCH Health System
Tuscaloosa County (Tuscaloosa or Northport)
Full-time Exempt (80 hours biweekly) ~ Benefited
On Call Coverage:
Other Schedule Comments:
Full Time Equivalent:
1.0 (est. 80 hours bi-weekly)
Posting End Date:
Posting End Date Details: Posting will be removed from website at 12:01 AM on the date listed above. All applications must be received before the date listed above. If no Posting End Date is listed, then the posting will be removed when we receive a predetermined number of qualified applicants.
Application to Similar Positions: Please apply to all positions for which you are interested and qualified. This may include multiple positions with similar titles or descriptions. Applicants will only be considered for the specific positions for which they apply.
Under the direction of the Cardiovascular Services Leadership team, the Clinical Quality & Training Manager facilitates and provides for the education needs of the clinical staff of CV services. The Clinical Quality and Training Manager, CQTM, aligns program development activities with the mission of DCH Health System and the strategic goals of the system and service line. The CQTM monitors progress of initiatives through the use of data and observation of clinical practices. The CQTM serves as a subject matter expert for the CV service line to facilitate the use of evidenced based practices to promote excellent patient experience and outcomes. The CQTM reviews clinical policies and procedures related to CV services in consultation with Nursing Operations to ensure that the most up to date evidenced based practices are in use and reflected in policies and procedures.
- Assists in the development of programs and processes to promote clinical outcomes
- Monitors program processes based on process measures and outcomes that are in alignment with the strategic goals of DCH and the CV service line
- Actively supports and participates in LEAN management systems
- Ensures compliance with regulatory agency requirements
- Maintains knowledge of the CV service line specific requirements related to benchmarking organizations such as ACC and STS
- Assists with accreditation and certification processes for the service line and hospital
- Serves as a resource in development, implementation and evaluation of relevant clinical specific education
- Develops and maintains internal and external relationships to maximize operational efficiencies
- Serves as liaison with outside referral sources for the cardiovascular patient population
- Assist supply chain and clinical staff with product trials and implementation
- Works with Clinical Informatics to optimize document processes
- Provides clinical expertise, support and feedback to facilitate the advancement of clinical outcomes and staff growth
- Maintains and enhances expertise as service line expert by constant awareness of policies, procedures, protocols, maintaining competencies, and attending continuing education events
- Assists in performance improvement (PI) activities by serving on PI teams as warranted, assisting with PI measures and supporting and implementing changes necessary for improvement.
- Performs initial and annual competency per job class
- Develops, implements, and evaluates continuing education program for CV Service line
- Maintains performance, patient and employee satisfaction and financial standards as outlined in system goals
- Performs compliance requirements as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Must adhere to the DCH Behavioral Standards including creating positive relationships with patients/families, coworkers, and colleagues.
- Serves as a role model to staff by exemplifying the DCH Behavioral Standards
- Requires use of electronic mail, time and attendance software, learning management software and intranet.
- Must adhere to all DCH Health System policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates mission and vision of DCH Health System
- All other duties as assigned.
Current Alabama RN Nursing licensure required.
Minimum of 3 years recent Cardiovascular Services Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing Required
Master’s degree in Nursing or other related field required
Nursing Certification in leadership or critical care within 1 year of hire
Must be able to read, write legibly, speak and comprehend English.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Physical: Physical presence onsite is essential. Hearing and vision must be normal or corrected to within normal range. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Employee must have the ability to tolerate prolonged periods of standing, walking, sitting and use of computer and keyboard. Employee must have the ability to lift and carry 25 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 10 lbs. Employee must have the ability to push stretcher/wheelchair with average adult patient. Is able to do frequent stooping and on occasion crouching, crawling or kneeling. Ability to reach reasonable distances in any direction. Ability to run in emergency situations. Must be able to move fingers in a coordinated manner. Must have ability to feel and perceive temperature, texture, shape and size with fingertips.
Environmental : Includes exposure to human body fluids, disease, infection, lab chemicals and hazard materials and/or cleaning solutions. Requires wearing common protective or safety equipment.
Psychological: Includes demonstrating leadership skills, delegating to team members, addressing conflict, communicating with all types of personalities, and being responsible for outcomes/resultsPhysical: Physical presence onsite is essential. Able to perform the duties with or without reasonable accommodation. Able to: lift /carry 50 pounds with frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 25 pounds. Able to do frequent stooping, kneeling, reaching; tolerates prolonged periods of sitting/standing. Vision and hearing normal or correctable to normal. Able to run in an emergency.
CV, Cardiac, clinical trainer