Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Analyst
at Dartmouth College
The Senior Payroll Analyst is responsible for providing systems and operations support to ensure the smooth and accurate processing of all payroll business processes.
Systems and Operations - 40%
· Handles various testing for payroll incidents or enhancements. The testing will include payroll earnings, taxes, deductions, calculations, and benefit calculations with a detailed review of testing results
· Oversee the I9 recordkeeping processes ensure compliance with federal regulations
· Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
· Work closely with the Director and Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) team on systems improvements that ensure internal controls and facilitate the implementation and maintenance of payroll and HR data. Perform systems tests and certify that payroll tax tables and other payroll specific functions meet expectations
· Documents processes, issues, testing results in clear written or verbal communication methods. Providing information to understand problems, system or business issues
· Identify payroll enhancements or technology defects and successfully manage fixes, corrections, and enhancements, reviewing and approving new payroll processing procedures, developing training for field payroll and HR personnel, and contributing to employee communications
· Facilitate meetings for the purpose of identifying appropriate actions, developing recommendations and supporting other staff. Attend meetings for the purpose of conveying and/or receiving information required to perform functions.
· Understand the impact of actions to the general ledger and payroll taxes as well as integrations between the Payroll system and all other relevant systems
· Utilize all resources to resolve issues. Configure the systems, as needed, to update for new earnings, deductions, employer liabilities, natural account rules, new tax agencies and new regulations.
· Identify and resolve complex issues; manage and implement changes to processes as needed due to policy, procedure or technology changes
Analysis and Reporting - 35%
· Prepare analysis and other financial information as requested (timely and accurately)
· Manage and enter necessary balance adjustments to employee earnings, deductions and tax balances
· Provide statistical information to management on the State and Federal payroll tax filings
· Monitor the employee population for possible out of state employment arrangements and take appropriate action as required
· Oversee processing of all tax treaty benefits, reconciling benefits to taxes remitted and forms produced (1042-S, etc.)
· Lead the generation and distribution of W-2 forms
Finance Center Operations Manager Liaison - 10%
· Act as the payroll expert for Finance Center Operations Manager questions regarding classifications of earnings, taxability and appropriateness
· Works closely with Finance Center Operations Managers to ensure transactional processing is being performed accurately and timely
· Participates as an active member of the Finance Center Operations Group raising awareness of issues, brainstorming and resolving issues, documenting changes and training Operations Managers on updates to Payroll processes and regulations
· Works closely with Finance Center Operations Managers on systems changes ensuring appropriate testing and communications for patches and upgrades
Communications - 10%
· Responds to inquiries, gathers/provides information or refers to appropriate individual to address needs of the inquiry.
· Be a subject matter expert (SME) and represent Payroll on various team efforts. Lead Payroll initiatives and test new programs.
· Communicates respectfully with a diverse community.
Development - 5%
· Cross trains with other team members to assure adequate coverage, accurate and consistent information and timeliness
· Complete required continuous training and education for own position and training of direct reports on new federal regulations and systems processes
· Attends functional workshops, training in order to remain/become proficient in necessary systems standards.
· Attends personal development training workshops
· Attend customer service workshops
· Demonstrates a commitment to diversity, inclusion, and cultural awareness through actions, interactions, and communications with others
· Performs other duties as assigned
Bachelors degree in Accounting or related field
Hiring Range Minimum $55,800
Hiring Range Maximum $69,700
Special Instructions to Applicants
Employment in this position is contingent upon consent to and successful completion of a pre-employment background check, which may include a criminal background check, reference checks, verification of work history, and verification of any required academic credentials, licenses, and/or certifications, with results acceptable to Dartmouth College. A criminal conviction will not automatically disqualify an applicant from employment. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
For additional information and to apply, please visit http://searchjobs.dartmouth.edu/postings/53445
Dartmouth College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other legally protected status. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged.