DAK Americas LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at DAK Americas LLC
In order to generate the greatest contribution to our company, the successful candidate must be results driven and have excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills. The desire to work for a growing company and willingness to be a team player is a must. The Human Resources Manager will report to the Site Operations Director at our Bay St. Louis, Mississippi manufacturing facility and will be responsible for but not limited to the items listed below.
- Plan, organize and improve all activities of the department. Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems
- Support the overall business objectives in employee relations, staffing, performance management, training and development, compensation, benefits, and health services programs
- Prepare annual budgets and actively manage costs to meet budget objectives
- Develop, track, and report site HR performance metrics
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas of people – ensure improvement opportunities are identified, developed, and implemented
- Maintain site headcount by establishing a recruiting, testing, and interviewing program; support managers on candidate selection; conduct and analyze exit interviews
- Oversee site time and attendance, payroll and reporting processes
- Advise management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues
- Ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local employment laws
- Work independently and effectively utilizing initiative, discretion, and confidentiality to successfully execute job responsibilities
DAK Americas Mississippi Inc is subject to US Department of Commerce export regulations and thus must hire individuals who meet national security requirements. Interested applicants (or temporary employees) must meet eligibility requirements. DAK Americas Mississippi Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At DAK Americas (DAK), our strategic positioning in relevant markets, strong corporate financials, state-of-the-art technology and core strategies focused on sustainability, growth, trade leadership, low cost production and innovation have made us a leading company in the Americas. As we continue to grow and evolve, we’re looking for dynamic talent to join our team.
DAK Americas is headquartered in Charlotte, NC and is a subsidiary of Alpek S.A.B. de C.V., the petrochemicals and synthetic fibers business group of Alfa S.A.B. de C.V. (one of Mexico's largest corporations). DAK is a fast growing company with core businesses comprised five different businesses; Terephthalic Acid (TPA), PET Container Resins (PET), Polyester Staple Fibers (PSF), Specialty Polymers and GreenPET (recycled and renewable raw materials). DAK currently operates 6 production facilities and employs over 1,300 full time employees across the Americas.
At DAK Americas, the sum is greater than the individual parts and we recognize our success is derived from the talents, efforts, creativity, flexibility and commitment of our diverse workforce. All of our employees are valued and treated equally and fairly, with dignity and respect. In addition, we strive for the continuous enhancement of our employees’ skills, capabilities and performance to ensure that they will be challenged to continuously learn and develop their abilities to their fullest extent and to accept expanded responsibilities.
We’re proud that DAK Americas is an equal employment opportunity employer. In addition, we require that all aspects of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, placement, reassignments, promotions, transfers, demotions, layoffs, compensation, benefits, performance evaluations, disciplinary actions, and all other terms and conditions of employment be free of discriminatory practices. Through the full and active support of all members of the DAK Americas team, the realization of equal employment opportunity is ensured.
Join DAK America’s Talent Network to learn more about company, history and career opportunities.
What is a Talent Network?
Talent Networks enhance your job search and application process. Whether you choose to apply or just leave your information, we look forward to staying connected with you.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or Business Administration
- 5 + years of leadership experience in a manufacturing setting
- Experience in a fast-paced command and control environment with a working knowledge of manufacturing tools and techniques
- Must have exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications and an understanding of personnel and compensation processes
- Capable of performing minimal supervision
- Ability to make good judgment decisions
- Ability to handle multiple assignments simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Willing and able to take initiative
- Professional level of integrity
- High level of energy, and willing to assist in driving change in the organization