Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. HR Business Partner
at Credit Union of Colorado
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: As a strategic partner, the Sr. HR Business Partner (Sr. HRBP) aligns business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The Sr. HRBP serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. Will act as employee champion and change agent. Sr. HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The Sr. HRBP formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The Sr. HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business units, its objectives (Bold Steps/Strategic Areas of Focus), its culture and its’ competition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Serves as a trusted advisor for both managers and employees by providing policy and procedure interpretation.
- Coaches and develops manager skills around employee relations, performance management, talent development, and other key areas.
- Conducts recruitment, pre-screening, and selection process for the organization. Ensures all hiring processes are effective and legally compliant. Responsible for creating and utilizing effective recruiting strategies, assessing success with metrics, and employee performance.
- Participates in the onboarding of new employees by facilitating new employee orientation including benefits enrollment and administration.
- Works with and provides support to staff and managers throughout the performance management process.
- Manages and helps mitigate organizational risk by ensuring compliance with all employment laws.
- Assists and advises employees with inquiries/concerns and acts as an impartial advocate for fair and equitable treatment.
- Actively participates in business and HR projects and drives for effective results.
- Provides change leadership directly and/or indirectly to support the roll-out of new initiatives, projects, re-organization, etc.
- Understands the talent within the organization and creates strategies for managing potential (workforce planning, succession planning, and talent management.
- Understands business needs and helps drive key HR initiatives and strategic processes by partnering with business leaders across the organization.
- Acts as a team leader, making decisions with and on behalf of management when called upon.
- Assists with implementing process improvements within the department.
- Working in collaboration with project team, defines project plan, timeframe, resources and communication plan; ensures project updates are communicated to key stakeholders.
- Ensures projects are initiated and completed within identified timeframe.
- Ensures on-going communication to HR/L&D Leader regarding Sr. HRBP function.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from an accredited four (4) year college or university, plus four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, talent management, federal and state respective employment laws. Relevant industry experience a plus. PHR (Professional in Human Resources) preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of project management discipline and standards.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Seeks and uses first-hand member information to improve products and services. Acts with the member in mind.
Is never satisfied; always thinks continuous improvement.
TEAMWORK Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals’ strengths. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
DECISION QUALITY Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others ideas and facts to form a better decision.
PROBLEM SOLVING Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
ACTION ORIENTED Overcomes procrastination through execution.
Places a top priority on getting results.
ADAPTABLE Embraces and drives change.
Assists others through transitioning to new state.
Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
STRATEGIC AGILITY Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organization’s vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING COURAGEOUSLY THROUGH VISION AND VALUES
Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to make tough choices.
Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer