Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Manager
at Credit Union of Colorado
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Under the direction of the Director, oversees all human resources including employee relations, compliance, recruiting, talent management, compensation, benefits, HRIS and payroll. Designs, implements and administers competitive and cost-effective compensation and benefits programs. Responsible for management and maintenance of HRIS and payroll administration. Ensures activities are conducted in accordance with Credit Union policies and procedures and legal requirements. Assigns, directs, and appraises staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Assumes responsibility for the research, planning, development, and implementation of effective compensation, benefits, payroll, recruitment and employment policies and procedures in support of organizational business objectives.
- Serves as an advisor to branch and department managers in handling Human Resource matters.
- Effectively advocates for all employees.
- Works closely with direct reports to advise and counsel on policy interpretation and escalated matters.
- Coaches and counsels employees and leaders on performance effectiveness and development.
- Oversees and administers HRIS systems used to enhance management decision making and the effectiveness of human capital processes. Responsible for data integrity of systems. Manages the creation, analysis and reporting of Human Capital data and metrics. Works with BI team to report and leverage people data for organization effectiveness.
- Oversees and administers CU rewards and recognition and compensation programs.
- Oversees the development and maintenance of HR Intranet pages and self-service tools.
- Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication, coordination, and working relations with all Credit Union personnel and management.
- Establishes and maintains professional relations with HR related organizations/vendors, consultants, auditors, and other external contacts.
- Effectively supervises staff, ensuring optimal performance.
- Ensures that accurate, updated personnel information is provided to other departments and to governmental organizations as required. Ensures that external document submissions are accurate and timely.
- Is responsible to assure all employees are aware of the 401K and 457b plans, and that they take advantage of the benefits offered.
- Oversees and ensures completion of all annual compliance notices and reporting.
- Ensures that Human Resource policies are updated and communicated to Credit Union management and staff. Provides advice and interpretation regarding Human Resource policies as they relate to individuals and to Credit Union objectives.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC.
HR Business Partner, Payroll HRIS Specialist, HR/L&D Coordinator, Talent Acquisition Specialist
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Education/Certification: Bachelors degree in related field, or equivalent experience and education.
Certification(s) in the areas of HR, compensation and benefits a plus.
Required Knowledge: Thorough understanding of policies, programs, and market best practices in the field of Human Resources.
Thorough knowledge of state and federal regulations related to compensation, benefits, payroll, HRIS and employment law.
Extensive knowledge in 401K and retirement plan administration including fiduciary responsibilities and discrimination testing.
Experience Required: Seven years or more of progressive experience in compensation, payroll, benefits, HRIS, and employee relations
Credit Union/financial services industry experience a plus.
5 years of supervisory experience required, leading an HR department.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Seeks and uses first-hand member information to improve products and services. Acts with the member in mind.
Is never satisfied; always thinks continuous improvement.
TEAMWORK Can inspire and motivate entire units or organizations.
Blends people into teams when needed and leverages individuals strengths. Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully.
DECISION QUALITY Conveys a sense of urgency for arriving at a decision, when appropriate. Has an opinion, takes a stand. Is able to build upon others ideas and facts to form a better decision.
PROBLEM SOLVING Seeks opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems while prioritizing urgent issues. Brings issues to closure. Challenges and supports decisions of direct reports through coaching to the best outcome.
ACTION ORIENTED Overcomes procrastination through execution.
Places a top priority on getting results.
ADAPTABLE Embraces and drives change.
Assists others through transitioning to new state.
Is self-aware of areas of opportunity and strengths.
STRATEGIC AGILITY Thinks/plans strategically. Understands the organizations vision, mission, and goals and can articulate to others. Defines/owns vision/purpose and aligns ideas to inspire others to follow. Looks to the future and adjusts strategic actions and goals based on anticipated future state.
LEADING COURAGEOUSLY THROUGH VISION AND VALUES
Makes decisions and acts in ways consistent with our core values; demonstrates the courage to do what is right despite personal risk or discomfort. Challenges others to make tough choices.
Communicates a compelling and inspired vision or sense of core purpose and makes the vision sharable by everyone
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Solid human relations skills. Demonstrated project management skills. Strong oral and written communication abilities. Solid analytical and technical skills. Excellent problem solving abilities. Understand blended learning approaches. Able to use all related software applications. Ability to gather data, analysis and prepare reports. Good organizational and follow-through skills. Ability to plan, develop, and write policies and procedures. Ability to supervise and lead others. Good presentation skills. Good budget planning abilities.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE REQUIREMENTS:
Expertise in learning management systems, human resources information and payroll systems.
Sedentary work; sitting most of the time. Exerts up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally. (Almost all office jobs.)
No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office.)
We are an EEO Employer