Credit Union of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
at Credit Union of Colorado
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: The HR Business Partner (HRBP) serves as a consultant on Human Resource related issues. Will act as employee champion and change agent. HRBP assesses and anticipates HR-related needs and communicates needs proactively with HR department. The HRBP formulates partnerships with employees at all levels to deliver value added services that reflect the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business acumen about the business units’ financial position, its objectives (Bold Steps/Strategic Areas of Focus) its culture and its’ competition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Delivers excellent service by demonstrating courtesy and personal concern for members and co-workers needs and follows-up to ensure those needs are met.
- Provides support to staff and managers throughout the performance management process.
- Serves as a trusted advisor for both managers and employees by providing policy and procedure interpretation.
- Provides change leadership directly and/or indirectly to support the roll-out of new initiatives, projects, re-organization, etc.
- Supports the administration and communication of compensation data
- Maintains and updates all job descriptions and job family tables
- Demonstrates an understanding of employee benefit plans including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending and 401k plan rules and serves as the main resource for our workforce
- Supports Wellness Committee and organizational Wellness initiatives
- Assists with the annual 401K audit and compliance testing
- Provides recruiting services as needed.
- Manages and administers all leave of absence requests. Responds to inquiries and advises staff and managers on policy, rights, timesheet completion and return to work items.
- Assists in developing and implementing human resource operations plans, policies, procedures, and goals. Recommends improvements as appropriate.
- Develop and administer rewards and recognition programs.
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and consistently according to established Credit Union policies, procedures and legal regulations.
- Stays abreast of developments in HR management and related legal requirements.
- Manages and helps mitigate organizational risk by ensuring compliance with all employment laws.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Adhere to all Federal and State laws and regulations applicable to the credit union, including the Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's Degree (B.A.) from an accredited college or university and four years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience. At least two years’ experience working with an HCMS. Demonstrated knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines including recruitment, employee relations, performance management, talent management, federal and state respective employment laws. Relevant industry experience a plus. PHR (Professional in Human Resources) or SHRM-CP (Certified Professional) preferred.
CORE COMPETENCIES and SKILLS
MEMBER FOCUSED Creates trust by building relationships and actively discovering the right solutions for members and peers; understands that the credit union exists as a result of member trust and loyalty in the organization and with employees; is passionate and dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external members.
TEAMWORK Relates well to all kinds of people; builds appropriate rapport; works harmoniously with others; uses and understands diplomacy and tact; encourages collaboration; seeks opinions; is candid with peers; values working relationships. Readily puts in extra effort to accomplish important tasks.
DECISION QUALITY Understands the member’s best interest is first; demonstrates decisions which are based on creating the best possible outcome for the member; makes decisions based on a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment; most recommendations and decisions turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; sought out by others for advice and solutions.
PROBLEM SOLVING Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems creating effective solutions; is resilient and will own the solution and the problem; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answers.
ACTION ORIENTED Pushes self and others to achieve the best possible results for the Member, organization and employees; proactively seeks out opportunities; raises hand, rather than waits to be asked; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; understands that it’s OK to make a mistake (fail forward).
ADAPTABLE Learns on the fly; is a relentless, versatile and an active learner; open to change; can learn new skills and knowledge; analyzes both successes and failures for opportunities to improve; understands that different situations and levels may call for different skills and approaches; works to deploy strengths; works on compensating for weaknesses and limits.
INNOVATION A cultural mindset that supports new ideas, fosters experimentation and drives continuous improvement to deliver member value.
Combines and brings forward ideas in unique ways to make connections between disparate ideas; willingness to explore different lines of thought and suggestions and try new ideas through experimentation, views situations from multiple perspectives; brainstorms multiple approaches/solutions to benefit members.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of human resource procedures, policies, federal/state laws and regulations, corporate policy, and employee benefit programs. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to maintain confidential information. Ability to apply oral and interpersonal skills that develop member confidence, respect and trust in Credit Union of Colorado and develop cooperative relationships with all levels of people throughout the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Limited travel required to visit CU locations as needed.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
We are an EEO Employer