Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Youthbuild Construction Trainer
at Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc.
Location: 4070 N M.L.K. Blvd, North Las Vegas, NV 89032
Fill Vacancy: Two Positions
Promote CPLC Nevada and its mission and programs throughout the State as required/requested. Provides support, coordination, program implementation as directed by program leadership. Ensure program accountability, productivity, policy compliance and best practice on specifically assigned programs/projects.
To manage the renovation, rehabilitation, or new construction of affordable housing units and the on-site construction training of young adults. To teach young adults the skills necessary to do rehabilitation or new construction on a house and to provide supportive guidance and encourage the development of their leadership skills..
· Must possess GED or High School diploma
· Must possess Nevada driver’s license
· Must be OSHA 500 certified or willing to be certified
· Must be willing to attain construction certification in order to certify participants in HBI PACT, NCCER, or equivalent
· Minimum of 3 years experience in project planning, management, or administration
· Strong leadership skills and at least three years’ successful management or planning experience in a community-based setting.
· Strong commitment to youth leadership and empowerment and ability to work sensitively and effectively with young people.
· Successful in creating collaborative relationships or coalitions.
· Experience negotiating and working with community organizations and public agencies.
· Excellent oral and verbal communication skills.
- Provide oversight of the on-site construction training by ensuring that trainees get consistent and adequate skills training; helping to set standards for appropriate behavior and ways to handle problems on the construction site; and ensuring work-site safety, learning of safety procedures, and proper construction techniques.
- Develop detailed construction plan and schedule.
- Coordinate and monitor the progress and quality of work.
- Develop construction budget and monitor costs.
- Manage bid process and coordinate subcontractors.
- Order supplies and materials.
- Define weekly work assignments and priorities for construction trainers and trainees.
- Responsible for the construction site, maintain production safety, and interface with subcontractors and inspectors.
- Teach carpentry skills including demolition, rough framing, roofing, drywall, and finish carpentry to YouthBuild trainees.
- Teach the proper use and handling of all hand tools, power tools, and equipment.
- Be responsible for overall safety enforcement.
- Inform superintendent about material needs for job site.
- Complete job reports-daily, accident tool checklist, job attendance, change order and back charge documentation-and submit to site superintendent.
- Oversee the monitoring of students’ time on the construction site.
- Keep track of all tools and equipment used on the job on a daily basis.
- Assist in personal and vocational counseling and development of trainees leadership skills in conjunction with other YouthBuild staff.
- Help teach vocational education.
- Work collaboratively with educational instructors.
- Work collaboratively with construction work-site partners and provide necessary documentation.
- Oversee the evaluation of student knowledge and skills in construction.
- Participate in community service projects.
- Attend case management meetings as required.
- Attend all meetings and retreats as required.
· Must be capable of working with diverse cultural populations.
· Management style which promotes teamwork and participation by staff at all levels.
· Ability to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines.
· Must be able to travel to different locations throughout the state of Nevada and Out of State.
· Other duties as assigned.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, employees are regularly required to:
* Use written and oral communication skills
* Read and interpret data, information and documents
* Analyze and solve non-routine and complex office administrative problems
* Learn and apply new information or skills
* Perform highly detailed work on multiple, concurrent tasks
* Interact with managers, staff, customers, the public and others encountered in the course of work
Employee will be expected to participate in continuous learning, competency building and maintenance of competency skills.
Part time work is performed in structured office or organized construction environments.
Reports to and is supervised directly by the Program Manager of CPLC YouthBuild Nevada. Employee is also accountable for understanding and complying with CPLC policies and procedures.