County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Inmate Benefits and Social Services Program Manager
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general direction of the assigned supervisor, oversee, develop and coordinate all policies and/or programs related to inmate benefits and case management services in the facility in accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and other pertinent laws, regulations, and statutes. Ensure inmates are provided with timely and accurate social services benefits information and assistance. Manage the Social Services unit which includes but is not limited to: designing and improving programs and processes and enhancing community stakeholder collaboration for the delivery of social, medical and mental health services to inmates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Develop, implement, coordinate and direct inmate benefit and social services programs in accordance with applicable laws, regulations, statues, and best practices; which include but are not limited to: utilization of inmate risk/need assessments, delivering education and information to inmates, resolving inmate requests, facilitating inmate communication with outside agencies, facilitating program referrals and applications and completing discharge plans for inmates.
- Collaborate with Social Services Supervisor(s) and other social services personnel to administer programmatic support and oversight including staff assignments, file compliance, staff support and training, quality assurance and related activities.
- Responsible for the development, review and communication of pertinent policies and procedures for involving inmates with health and other social services benefits and programs.
- Establish and maintain effective collaborative partnerships with staff, criminal justice system stakeholders, healthcare agencies and community service providers.
- Develop effective data collection and records management systems and metrics to measure, audit and report on program objectives. Develop effective methods for analyzing, preparing and presenting program reports and statistics for internal and external stakeholders.
- Coordinate, prepare and evaluate grant proposals and ensure compliance with federal and/or state grant reporting requirements.
- Develop, conduct and report on compliance audits for program areas.
- Ensure program clients and collaborative partners are actively engaged and provided with timely and accurate information.
- Serve as the inmate health care benefits liaison and key point of contact, which involves development and coordination of internal and external workshops, formal presentations, and actively participating on committees, conferences, taskforces and evaluation groups.
- Maintain currency in the field of correctional healthcare services and correctional case management services. Research and incorporate industry best practices where appropriate.
- Develop and oversee training initiatives for social services support staff and other personnel.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in social work, human services, public health, criminology, sociology, psychology, public administration, or related degree.
- Five (5) years professional work experience directly related to social services administration or management of inmate benefits and social services programs including one (1) year formal management experience.
- OR any combination of post-secondary education and/or experience may be substituted for the required education totaling nine (9) years professional work experience directly related to social services administration or management of inmate benefits and social services programs including one (1) year formal management experience.
- Working knowledge of the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, behavioral health and Core Service Agency (CSA) systems.
- Demonstrated experience in exercising judgment and discretion in the interpretation of rules, regulations, policies and procedures applicable in the processing or completion of business details.
- Must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and privacy while working with sensitive information.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office software programs specifically Excel formulas.
- Ability to identify and choose appropriate decisions from a variety of alternate choices; use sound judgment in recognizing scope of authority.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Must pass a background investigation.
- Employee must possess and maintain a valid New Mexico driver's license.
- Duties are performed indoors in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even, usually dry surface, which may be concrete, tile, or carpet.
- Duties are performed both in and out of a locked facility.
- Employee may be required to work extended hours, weekends and be on call.
- Correctional facility environment and therefore, must have the ability to work in a stressful environment.
- Radio and keys required to function in a locked facility.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER