County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Training Specialist
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general direction, responsible for the coordination, development, delivery, evaluation, administration, and maintenance of assigned training programs and activities, and for providing professional and administrative services for the County.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Develop, plan, organize, coordinate, facilitate and conduct various professional development County training programs including new hire orientation, seminars and conferences for clerical, supervisory, technical and management personnel using various delivery methods.
- Implement effective measurements and analyze County training programs, procedures and methods; and recommend improvements.
- Review and recommend material and facilitation approaches using adult learning practices for new training programs; review, evaluate and modify existing and proposed programs.
- Conduct employee feedback surveys regarding County training program(s) and other HR related topics as necessary.
- Coordinate the distribution of new and revised (general) County policies and procedures. Conduct policy training as necessary.
- Review, analyze, prepare and maintain reports and records pertinent to County training initiatives.
- Market and coordinate the distribution of County training and other Human Resources materials to garner active participation in various training programs.
- Assist in the scheduling of and on-going revitalization of the HR Resource Center.
- Participate in the selection of service providers for on-going training programs.
- Assist in performing the operational details for training sessions, including coordination of classroom space, time, announcements, enrollment lists, evaluations, certificates, etc.
- Participate in the administration and management of the County training budget. Coordinate the approval of all training/travel requests and payment of training invoices. Assist in the development of new and/or revised training policies and procedures.
- Coordinate the development of County Trainers/Facilitators in an effort to utilize County resources. Serve as Trainer for Train the Trainer development program.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, from an accredited institution, in training/education, business/public administration or closely related discipline plus five (5) years professional experience in education, training or closely related field that includes actual experience as a trainer in a classroom type setting. Certification as an adult training professional through American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) or other training association preferred. OR any combination of post-secondary education and/or experience may be substituted for the required education totaling nine (9) years professional experience in education, training or closely related field that includes actual experience as a trainer in a classroom type setting. Certification as an adult training professional through American Society for Training and Development (ASTD) or other training association preferred.
- Demonstrated experience as a Trainer/Facilitator in an adult learning training environment.
- Demonstrated professionalism by appropriately supporting Training Team initiatives with all levels of the organization, including Training Team Members, Staff, Department Directors, and Senior County Leadership.
- Have excellent written and verbal skills in the English language.
- Have excellent organizational and oral presentation skills.
- Proficient in computer operation, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, PowerPoint and other computer programs and systems for education and training use.
- Have the ability to write material for new training programs using adult learning practices.
- Have the ability to exercise judgment and discretion in interpreting and communicating policies and procedures.
- Have the ability to plan, schedule, and coordinate training programs.
- Have the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, suppliers and the public.
- Have the ability to develop computer-based training programs.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Essential job duties are performed indoors in temperature controlled environment.
- Primary work surface is even, dry, carpeted or tiled floor.
- Works alone primarily, with or without directions. Works with a group at times and with a select team at times.
- Telephone, VCR, projectors, calculator, computer, fax machine, and copy machine are used in performance of essential job duties.
- Various forms of paperwork are handled in performance of essential job duties.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER