County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Analyst
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision perform a variety of professional and technical human resources services and provide support to Bernalillo County departments in the following areas: position control, payroll edits, job postings and job advertisements; serve as point of contact for County employees and supervisors with questions regarding human resources position control/payroll related procedures ensuring compliance with all guidelines, contracts, laws and rules and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review online requisition requests for all county departments; develop, update and track position control process, create new positions and maintain information in the human resources information system (HRIS).
- Provide direct administration in the preparation and maintenance of all the county's personnel action forms, to include but not limited to; new hires, salary adjustments, promotions, reclassifications, career ladders/career paths, program changes, conversions, transfers and reorganizations, etc.
- Perform a wide variety of specialized position control functions ensuring all internal components are adhered to; collect and analyze data relating to examination scores, automated scoring plans, set pass points and prepare job announcements.
- Research, compile and analyze statistical information for a variety of human resources functions; liaison to payroll and human resource staff to resolve job related issues.
- Plan, recommend, compile and organize data and make recommendations on decisions in specific cases of department transactions.
- Implement and interpret guidelines, policies and procedures developed by management; assist in the development, recommendation and coordination of new procedures for the section.
- Provide technical assistance to departments and hands on training to end users; answer inquiries from department directors, timekeepers and employee liaisons regarding procedures and related processes.
- Process and monitor biweekly payroll edit discrepancies and ensure all employment transactions are processed accurately.
- Prepare and develop reports on human resources processes; create, follow-up and track a variety of documents and forms related to assigned functions; maintain online classification specifications.
- Assist in the development and modification of the any new system applications.
- Perform other job related duties as assigned or required.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Bachelor degree in human resources, business/public administration or related field plus three (3) years' experience in personnel administration. OR a combination of post-secondary education and/or experience totaling seven (7) years in personnel administration.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public personnel administration.
- Knowledge of policies, procedures, rules and laws relative to the specialized area.
- Ability to research, analyze and make recommendations for resolution to technical personnel problems.
- Ability to utilize discretion and independent judgment. Must be able to maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to interpret and apply rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to possess excellent communication skills, both oral and written, in English.
- Ability to possess excellent basic math skills including statistics.
- Ability to possess excellent computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets and database systems and HRIS'(s).
- Supplemental Information
Screening and Compliance
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- Essential job duties are performed indoors in a climate-controlled environment.
- Primary work surface is even, dry, carpeted or tiled floor.
- Works alone primarily, with or without directions. Works with a group at times and with a select team at times.
- Equipment used in performing duties includes: computer, typewriter, recording equipment, telephone, calculator, facsimile machine, and photocopy machine.
- Materials and products handled on performance of duties include: logs, spreadsheet, graphs, pie charts, writing utensils, safety manual, rules and regulations, and various office forms.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER