County of Bernalillo
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employment Specialist III
at County of Bernalillo
- Position Summary & Duties Responsible
Under general supervision of the assigned supervisor provide para-professional, technical and administrative support related to various human resources functions.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES SUMMARY
- Provide technical and administrative support in assigned areas of human resource activities including compensation, employment, training and benefits and administration.
- Screen applications, refer qualified applicants to the appropriate department, process employment actions, assist employees in completing forms for record changes, maintain and verify records, and assist in coordinating human resources information especially in the area of employment. Process in new employees and handle the transactions required for promotions.
- Provide research assistance and records examination to facilitate problem resolution in communication of information.
- Develop, prepare, edit, and submit reports utilizing computer based spreadsheets, databases, and other computer programs, including identifying, entering, and manipulating base data.
- May prepare postings, schedule pre-employment medical and drug screen examinations, draft memos, correspondence and reports as assigned.
- Provide general and specific information to the general public and to employees regarding Human Resources processes and activities.
- Maintain assigned Human Resources materials, files and data.
- Perform assigned administrative tasks, activities and functions in various Human Resource areas and
- Assist in the development of County recruitment program and participate in job fairs.
- Provide administrative assistance to, and participate in, the training and functional support of other Human Resource personnel.
- Responsible for data entry, retrieval and maintenance of data for all employee related transactions in human resource information system(s), including; copies and assembles materials for distribution.
- Coordinate the processing in of new employees, ensure new employees are scheduled to attend the orientation workshop, and participate in the workshops as necessary.
- Coordinate the records and files for positions requiring drivers licenses, commercial driver's licenses, back ground checks, and ensure appropriate drug and alcohol testing is done prior to an employee's promotion to a position requiring a CDL.
- Assist in the preliminary planning and calculation of retirement eligibility and process paperwork.
- Assist the public in person to submit employment applications and related documents, answer multi-line telephone, transfer calls, take messages and schedule appointments.
The above information on this job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities required of all employees assigned to this job.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Associate Degree in business administration or related discipline plus (4) four years experience in human resource functions, and two (2) years experience in employment/staffing OR a combination of post-secondary education and/or experience totaling (6) six years in experience in office/business management, with at least (4) four of those years in human resources functions and two (2) years experience in employment/staffing.
- Preference will be given for experience working with human resources information systems.
- Proficiency in the use of Windows-based word processing, spreadsheet and database software and in the development of application data.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English.
- Ability to coordinate with others in performing technical and administrative personnel functions.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the public, co-workers and County employees in a variety of human resource situations.
- Ability to maintain objectivity and confidentiality in dealing with a variety of human resource situations and problems.
- Ability to act promptly and consistently in accomplishing assigned responsibilities.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and to coordinate tasks and activities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Supplemental Information
SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
The offer of this Bernalillo County position requires compliance with the following:
- Employee must successfully complete the post-offer employment medical examination.
- Employee must comply with the safety guidelines of the County.
- All essential duties are performed indoors.
- Duties are performed in a temperature-controlled environment.
- Duties are performed on an even surface, which may be carpeted or tile. Working surface is typically dry.
- Worker often works alone both with or without directions from supervisor.
- Equipment typically used in the performance of office duties include telephone, computer terminal, computer printer, computer keyboard, typewriter, photocopy machine, fax machine and calculator.
- Materials and products handled in the course of performing essential duties includes files, forms, reports, various other paperwork, and a wide variety of basic office supplies.
COUNTY OF BERNALILLO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER