Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workers Compensation Senior Claims Specialist
at CorVel Corp.
The Senior Claims Specialist manages within company standards and best practices complex and problematic, high visibility workers' compensation claims within delegated limited authority to determine benefits due; work closely with case managers and attorneys; manage subrogation and negotiate settlements to ensure specific customer service requirement to achieve the best possible outcome in the claim, supporting the goals of claims department and of CorVel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Receives claim, confirms policy coverage and acknowledgement of the claim
- Determines validity and compensability of the claim by investigating and gathering information regarding the claim and files necessary documentation with state agencies
- Establishes reserves and authorizes payments within reserving authority limits
- Develops and manages well documented action plans with the case manager and outcomes manager to reduce overall cost of the claim
- Coordinates early return-to-work efforts with the appropriate parties.
- Manages subrogation and litigation of claim as it applies
- Manages potential claim recoveries of all types
- Reports claims to the excess carrier when applicable
- Communicates claim status with the customer and claimant
- Adheres to client and carrier guidelines and participates in claims review as needed
- Develops and maintains professional customer relationships
- Complies with rules and regulations of applicable state
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and understanding of claims practice.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of the entire claims administration, case management and cost containment solution as applicable to Workers’ Compensation.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ industry experience and claim handling
- Self-Insured Certificate preferred
- State Certification as an experienced Examiner
CorVel Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at CorVel will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Except where required or permitted by law, employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses