|Cordia Partners & Resources is a top-ranked, locally owned Finance and Accounting Executive Search, Contract Staffing and Outsourced Accounting Firm, run by former Chief Financial Officers, Accounting Firm Partners and Recruiting Industry Experts.|
Our client, a renowned law firm in the heart of the District, is actively recruiting for their next Payroll Manager. This is an opportunity to join one of the top-ranked law firms in the city and run all payroll operations.
He/she will be responsible for supervising the payroll staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure timely and accurate payroll. Responsible for payroll review, as well as recording and reconciling payroll related financial information and tax filings. This position will be an important partner for HR and Financial Systems groups to ensure that process improvements are implemented and support the business. The position requires a proactive leader who will ensure that the payroll team is able to keep pace with internal and external business and compliance requirements of the company both domestically and internationally.
- Effectively manage and execute all aspects of multi-state and international payrolls for 1500+ employees ensuring accuracy, compliance and outstanding service goals are consistently met
- Research discrepancies of payroll information and/or documentation to ensure payroll accuracy
- Develop, mentor and supervise day-to-day work of payroll staff, including providing direction for tasks, coordinating priorities and resources and providing guidance on performance and development opportunities
- Review current procedures and partner with key business partners to recommend and implement process improvements and establish best practices
- Identify and resolve employee payroll issues
- Develop and maintain documentation of key payroll related processes
- Prepare and review payroll journal entries, perform GL mapping, perform payroll related account analysis and reconcile payroll and benefit related general ledger accounts on a monthly basis
- Prepare and oversee preparation of a variety of payroll related documents (payroll register, W-2, PTO, local tax, deduction code setups) for the purposes of compliance, internal control and audit
- Review and reconcile all tax filings related to payroll including quarterly and annual filings
- Ensure compliance with all internal policies and controls as well as external laws and regulatory guidance
- Prepare relevant reports and analysis for management
- Monitor tax notices, wage orders, and government correspondence
- Record tax payments and perform reconcilements monthly.
- Maintain/Expand knowledge of existing and new payroll related legislation
- Participate in Workday and Safeguard system releases as well as continued implementation and upgrades.
Position Requirements & Preferences:
Compensation Breakdown and Details:
- Five years of payroll management experience required
- Experience with an array of payroll systems (Workday preferred) preferred
- Experience developing, leading and managing high performing teams required
- Certified Payroll Professional designation strongly preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Working knowledge of accounting concepts, including experience preparing and reviewing payroll related journal entries and account reconcilements preferred
- Thorough knowledge of Federal and State wage laws required
- Exposure to international payroll design, setup and processing desired
- Demonstrated process improvement experience required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Finance, General Studies, Accounting etc.
- $110,000-$125,000 base salary (depending on experience)
- 10-15% Bonus Target
- Highly competitive benefits package to include generous PTO/holidays/sick time
- Supportive leadership team, outstanding corporate resources and perks