Continuum Of Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CoC - Employment Consultant
at Continuum Of Colorado
Are you looking for a rewarding position working with individuals with developmental disabilities? Do you have experience in lesson planning, leading groups, and marketing? Continuum of Colorado has a fantastic opportunity for an Employment Consultant who will be responsible for communicating and coordinating integrated employment services with individuals and teaching skills training classes to prepare individuals for competitive community employment. This position also coordinates with the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation and other external entities as needed. This is a great position for someone who is looking to work in an inclusive and flexible environment, with a growing team! You don’t want to miss out on this opportunity!
Our Employment Consultant position is based out of our Inverness office located just south of the Denver Tech Center in Englewood, CO. This is a full-time role at 36 hours/week. We ask for flexibility in the schedule as shifts will vary depending on the schedule of the individual in services and may include some evenings and weekends
More about what you’ll get to do as our Employment Consultant!
- Coordinate services and supports (i.e. Division of Vocational Rehabilitation, employers and Social Security)
- Develop and maintain current and organized case file
- Accurately complete and distribute program documentation to include case notes, DVR application and supporting documentation, comprehensive assessment documentation, etc.
- Coordinate with individual receiving supports, family and multidisciplinary team to develop ISSP
- Monitor and assess job-related skills and provide employment skills training and follow-along support
- Conduct assessments to determine barriers to employment and work readiness
- Assist individuals receiving supports with employment leads and job placement
- Facilitate natural supports for consumer/employee and provide consultation and education to employers
- Assist consumers to obtain resources, makes referrals, and provide follow-up for consumers in need of support services
- Market services to potential employers, local Chamber of Commerce and other marketing agencies. Utilizes cold call opportunities to build relationships
- Advocate for equitable access to integrated employment for individuals with developmental disabilities
- Complete Health/Safety Assessments and Incident Reports as required
The Good Stuff - Starting Salary and Benefits!
$16.50 - $18.50
Here's some of the excellent benefits we offer and why it's great to work here!
- A great work-life balance where a full-time workweek = 36 hours
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Employer paid and supplemental life insurance
- Short- and long-term disability insurance
- Generous paid time off and holiday pay
- 401(k) investment plan, with an employer match of up to 4%
- Mileage reimbursement
- Tuition reimbursement program (after working full time for at least one year)
- Healthcare reimbursement and flexible spending plans
- Onsite gym and lounge for employee use at both office locations
- Discounts on auto and homeowners insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Credit union membership
- Employer-paid training
Must have’s to be our Employment Consultant!
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Additional related work experience may be substituted for advanced study requirement
- Two (2) years’ experience and/or related education or training working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Prefer working knowledge of the I/DD system, rules and regulations and DVR
- Prefer additional experience in an area directly related to job assignment
- Knowledge of various vocational training techniques and basic behavior management principals
- Ability to resolve conflict under pressure
- Ability to modify supports to individual needs
- Maintain necessary trainings and certifications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; effectively communicate with consumers, families, staff and others
- Ability to perform math calculations necessary to carry out job responsibilities
- Demonstrates good organizational skills
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to pass required pre-employment drug screening
- Personal vehicle in good operating condition for use during work
- Valid Colorado driver’s license/proof of insurance
- Meet our driving requirements; no suspensions/less than three tickets in three years