Community Options, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employment Specialist (Full-Time)
at Community Options, Inc.
Community Options, Inc. is a national non-profit agency providing services to individuals with disabilities in 10 states. We believe in the dignity of every person, and in the freedom of all people to experience the highest degree of self-determination.
We are seeking a Full-Time Employment Specialist to work within a community-based employment setting to assist in supervising and training our individuals on how to acquire the physical, intellectual, emotional, and social skills needed for successful employment.
Employment Specialist Responsibilities:
- Provide the necessary assistance for the individual to be placed in competitive employment and maintain employment.
- Assist individuals in reinforcing essential skills, or teaching new skills appropriate to developing a resume, conducting a successful job interview, and completing a job application.
- Work side by side with the individual at their job site to ensure it is broken down into manageable components.
- Complete any unfinished work of the employee during the initial training process.
- Identify and help solve problems before they become a crisis for the individual, employer, or coworkers.
- Build a support network between the individuals and community members.
- Communicate employee’s progress to the employer, family, residential staff, and other professionals.
- Accurately complete all in-house documentation.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years related work experience.
- Working proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of employer expectations and local job market.
- Valid Drivers’ License.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds (weight of average manual wheelchair when chair is empty).
- Frequent lifting, stretching, and other physical exertion during positioning of consumers or equipment.
- May transport participants in own vehicle (if applicable).
- Work will take place in the administrative office, community, and in the homes.
If interested, please click Apply Now or send resume to: Patricia.Bart@comop.org
Community Options is an Equal Opportunity Employer