Colorado Acute Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
at Colorado Acute Hospital
1690 N. Meade Street
Denver, CO 80204
The HR Business Partner is responsible for administering and providing day to day primary HR activities under the direction of the Senior Director HR. This includes implementing business and HR strategy and programs; implementing business performance, quality and patient care initiatives; advising leaders on people issues; and supporting associate and community engagement.
- Implement Business and HR strategy and programs.
- Engage designated leaders to understand talent needs of the businesses and define people strategies.
- Proactively obtain, interpret and present metrics and analysis to business leaders to inform decisions (performance, attrition, hiring, vacancy, associate engagement/sensing, and other data)
- Advise designated leaders on performance counseling and discipline procedures; consult on suspension or termination of employment actions.
- Interpret and drive departmental action planning as a result of associate engagement surveys; assess facility “temperature” through formal and informal sensing and plan actions with department managers.
- Support effective leader and associate communications, determining appropriate vehicles for delivering information; i.e., Town Hall meetings, Flash meetings, huddles, etc.
- Partner with designated leaders to uphold all compliance standards (Joint Commission, Dept. of Labor, HR policies, etc.)
- Manage associate relations, ethics, and compliance functions to include investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from associates or managers.
- Maintain accurate employee information in HRIS system(s), ensuring timely data changes as needed.
- Work with designated department leaders on workforce planning, including position control/review; aligning with budget, productivity metrics, resourcing processes, etc.
- Assist leadership with temporary/PRN workforce planning & implementation, internship/externship placements and other talent processes.
- Collaborate with Support Center Recruiting to facilitate local interviewing and hiring.
- Deliver local onboarding and facility orientation programs.
- Deploy performance management/appraisal program tools and processes in their assigned facility areas. Includes coaching, participating in assigning ratings, feedback sessions and developing performance improvement plans.
Experience: Six years’ experience working as a Human Resources professional. Previous experience in health care setting preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business or related field or equivalent combination of experience and education required.
Licensure/Certification: SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP preferred.
Supervision: Manages the functions and activities of the Human Resources Department.