City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Benefits Analyst* PeopleSoft
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The City of Phoenix uses the PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.2 (HCM) application for medical plan eligibility, enrollment, and data needs for 14,000 employees, 2,000 retirees and their eligible dependents. The Senior Benefits Analyst *PeopleSoft focuses on optimal utilization of the PeopleSoft HCM Benefits modules. This supports the Benefits Division’s functional needs in the areas of eligibility, enrollment, compliance, analysis and reporting. The preferred candidate will have specific PeopleSoft Benefits Administration and Base Benefits Module experience, and the ability to successfully communicate technical information to non-technical staff.
City of Phoenix employee and retiree benefit programs supported by this position include medical, pharmacy, dental, life insurance, vision, health savings account, 401(a), 457(b), Post Employment Health Plan (PEHP), Medical Expense Reimbursement Plan (MERP), COBRA, legal insurance, and incentives for wellness programs.
High priority assignments for this position include the annual open enrollment configuration, wellness program incentives, new vendor implementation and system configuration, new benefit plan implementation and configuration, Public Safety Retirement System monthly medical deduction file for the City’s 2,000 public safety retirees, assisting with PeopleSoft enhancements and fixes for benefits modules, and resolving issues that arise from the Benefits self-service user community. The user community includes approximately 22,000 individuals with access to eCHRIS, the City’s PeopleSoft system.
A close working relationship exists between this position and staff within technical staff (HRIS and IT), Central Payroll, Finance, City Retirement Systems (COPERS and PSPRS), and all Benefits vendors. This position also provides functional support for system growth, user acceptance testing for implementation processes, and collaboration on process improvement.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 29, 2019. This recruitment may close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$54,392 - $81,245 annually. Appointment can be made above the minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes medical (HMO, PPO or HSA); wellness incentive of up to $720 annually; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; 401(a) and 457 plans; tuition reimbursement; bus/light rail pass. Medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan. Paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
JOB REQUIREMENTS - to meet the minimum qualifications for the base job classification
- Two years professional level experience administering employee benefit programs that include self-insured medical plans, dental, life, pharmacy, LTD, and flexible spending accounts.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, computer science, human resources, or a related field.
- The City job description can be found here.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- Only the highest qualified will be posted to the Eligible to Hire list.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - to meet the extra qualifications specific to this assignment, includes the job requirements listed above, plus:
- Five years of experience providing functional Human Capital Management Software support.
- Experience in PeopleSoft HCM Benefits Administration and Base Benefits v 9.1 and v 9.2.
- Proficiency in query development, Excel, and Access.
- Distinguishing features of the assignment can be found here.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
During the online application process, please be advised that you will need to provide responses to the following open-ended questions (the system allows copying/pasting into the answer fields):
- List relevant jobs and the employer.
- Indicate the number and job title/type of employees you have supervised on an ongoing basis, including the name of your employer (example: "ACME: 3 Senior Analysts; 2 Secretaries; 2 Technicians").
- Describe your experience creating and running queries in PeopleSoft
- Describe your experience providing functional or technical support for an HRIS.
- Describe your experience with employee benefit programs.
YOUR COVER LETTER
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602)495-5700.
Benefits Analyst II/Benefits Analyst II*HRIS, JC: 05380/05381, ID# 31510, 04/12/19, 6m, PO, Benefits: Supv & Prof, Q
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Spend Wisely, Be Kind.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.