City of Phoenix
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Organizational Development Consultant
at City of Phoenix
ABOUT THIS POSITION
The fundamental function of this position is to provide consulting and learning solutions through collaborative relationships to ensure the delivery of outstanding public service. Work involves conducting needs assessments; identifying root causes: assessing critical competencies; defining core objectives; developing program curricula; presenting workshops and seminars; designing and delivering training; facilitating developmental solutions; consulting with department managers and management groups to analyze and determine appropriate solutions and resources. The incumbent may facilitate team-building, strategic planning, process improvement, and problem-solving sessions for work groups, as well as evaluate programs and processes and prepare recommendations.
The successful candidate will have well developed competencies in strategic thinking, facilitation, process improvement, creativity, dealing with ambiguity, problem solving, and, most importantly, interpersonal skills. The incumbent must be able to develop credibility quickly with all levels of the organization and build meaningful business relationships that ensures success. This recruitment may be used by any department for any current or future vacancies over the life of the eligible list.
First review of applications will occur the week of April 1, 2019. Recruitment will close when we have received a sufficient number of qualified applications.
$49,338 - $73,653 annually. Candidates may be hired above minimum depending upon qualifications.
A comprehensive benefits package is offered which includes traditional pension with employer and employee contributions; choice of medical HMO, PPO, or HSA plan; dental; vision; life insurance; long-term disability; 401(a) and 457 plans; medical enrollment includes a monthly $150 City contribution to a Post-Employment Health Plan; bus/light rail pass; tuition reimbursement program; paid time off includes 11.5 paid holidays, 12 vacation days, and 15 sick days. For more details, visit: Unit 7 Benefits
- Two years of experience coordinating, developing, and training several diverse programs or topics, including one year of experience developing supervisory or management training programs
- A bachelor’s degree in education, adult learning, business, sociology, psychology or related field is required
- Some positions in this classification require the use of personal or City vehicles on City business.
- An equivalent combination of related experience and education may be considered.
- The City job description can be found here.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS - The job requirements listed above, plus:
- Experience consulting with stake holders at all levels of an organization
- Experience facilitating leadership topics
- 2 or more years developing curriculum based on adult learning theory
- MBTI Certified Practitioner
- Leadership certification
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online by completing the required information and attaching, as one document, your cover letter and resume. Please include your experience as it relates to the qualifications stated above. Only the highest qualified may be posted to the eligible to hire list.
YOUR COVER LETTER AND RESUME, PLUS ANY OTHER REQUESTED MATERIAL, MUST BE IN ONE ATTACHMENT. Only online applications are accepted for this position. The results of the resume screening process will be sent to your primary email address.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- All finalists for positions are subject to a criminal background check applicable to the department or position.
- For other important information related to employment with the City of Phoenix, please click here.
- Link to All City of Phoenix Employment Opportunities
- If you need assistance applying for this job, please contact our HR Connection Center at (602) 495-5700.
Curriculum and Training Coordinator, JC: 05030, ID# 31142, 03/17/19, 6 mos, BK, Benefits:007
City of Phoenix employees commit to Work Smart, Be Kind, Spend Wisely.
City of Phoenix is an equal opportunity employer. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni who meet the required qualifications are encouraged to apply.