Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Credit & Portfolio Risk Manager-Global Industries
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 18042812
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management. Our core activities are safeguarding assets, lending money, making payments and accessing the capital markets on behalf of our clients.
Citi's Mission and Value Proposition explain what we do and Citi Leadership Standards explain how we do it. Our mission is to serve as a trusted partner to our clients by responsibly providing financial services that enable growth and economic progress. We strive to earn and maintain our clients' and the public's trust by constantly adhering to the highest ethical standards and making a positive impact on the communities we serve. Our Leadership Standards is a common set of skills and expected behaviors that illustrate how our employees should work every day to be successful and strengthens our ability to execute against our strategic priorities.
Diversity is a key business imperative and a source of strength at Citi. We serve clients from every walk of life, every background and every origin. Our goal is to have our workforce reflect this same diversity at all levels. Citi has made it a priority to foster a culture where the best people want to work, where individuals are promoted based on merit, where we value and demand respect for others and where opportunities to develop are widely available to all.
- Manage and provide leadership to a team of credit risk professionals in Buffalo
- Work with the ICG Risk RMU and NAM GI&RC teams on the ongoing strategy and development of the GIRM Buffalo team
- Provide guidance and leadership to Team Leads who manage the GI&RC Buffalo industry teams
- Act as a subject matter expert for analysts and assist with workflow management of the department
- Identify policy and procedure gaps within the department and propose solutions
- Maintain a high degree of technical and policy understanding with respect to credit risk
- Manage assigned projects in a timely manner, ensuring accuracy and that deliverables are met
- Work with system architects to define appropriate technology solutions which include planning, coordinating and participating in test phases prior to implementation
- Monitor the quality of the credit work completed by the team
- Identify and implement additional training sessions on relevant topics as needed
- To attract, recruit and develop the talent of team
- Perform Credit Officer responsibilities for assigned relationships
- Strong technical skills with the ability to provide big picture concepts to analysts
- Solid time management skills and can multitask and prioritize the team's workload effectively
- Solid understanding of Accounting and Corporate Finance fundamentals and ability to teach these concepts to analysts
- Existing knowledge of Citi's systems and credit policies preferred
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Prior people management experience required, experience managing managers preferred
- Ability to navigate the Citi network and work effectively with our partners around the organization
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint and financial modeling experience
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity