Child Mind Institute
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Payroll Administrator
at Child Mind Institute
Child Mind Institute is looking for an experienced Senior Payroll Administrator to manage the semi-monthly payroll processing through ADP Workforce Now for 200 plus employees and growing. The position is a part of the Finance team and will work collaboratively to provide outstanding customer service to employees in the administration of payroll. The ideal candidate should have an up to date, working knowledge of federal, state and local compliance regulations, excellent interpersonal and communication skills, impeccable attention to detail, and sound decision-making skills. In addition, the ability to establish credibility as a subject matter expert, and maintain effective working relationships is critical.
Reporting to the Director of Finance this is an exempt, full-time position located in our NYC headquarters.
The Child Mind Institute is proud to be named a Great Place to Work-CertifiedOpens a New Window. company! Our competitive compensation and benefits include medical insurance, 401(k) with match, flexible work schedules, paid parental leave, dependent care, and a discounted tickets and entertainment perks program.
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of multi-company and multi-state semi-monthly payrolls including, benefits, taxation, proration and other deductions compliant with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Collaborate with the HR and Finance teams and ADP to correct payroll errors including but not limited to balance adjustment, manual check processing for over/under payments and quarterly amendments.
- Maintain accuracy and integrity of timekeeping system by auditing and correcting issues.
- Apply best practices for payroll processing; stay abreast of changes. Critically review and analyze current payroll practices and procedures in order to recommend and implement positive changes and solutions. Update and maintain Payroll Standard Operating Procedures accordingly.
- Develop reports for monthly, quarterly and annual dashboards. Prepare various government regulated reports and surveys, including but not limited to compensation, EEO, ACA compliance, etc.
- Maintain well documented and well-organized payroll records.
- Reconcile benefit vendor invoices and payroll deduction reports.
- Manage payroll taxes by confirming ADP deductions, researching payroll tax rules for new jurisdictions, ensuring ADP appropriately files on our behalf, and owning the annual W-2 process
- Provide guidance, training, and support to all employees, including new hires, on timecard management, provide additional training to managers on timecard approvals.
- Manage the annual workers compensation audits.
- Participate in audits related to pay policies and practices. Prepare audit schedules for the annual audit and Form 990 tax return.
- Work with Finance team in personnel planning/ budgeting.
- Serve as back up to enter payroll information in MIP accounting system.
Skill / Requirements
Please upload your resume and cover letter during the application process.