Child Crisis Arizona
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
$14-$16/hr Bilingual Preschool Teacher 1 - Mesa (25730)
at Child Crisis Arizona
Child Crisis Arizona is seeking a qualified Bilingual Preschool Teacher I to join our team to further our mission of protecting Arizona's most vulnerable children from abuse and neglect, and to help build strong families.
- Providing support to the Teacher II in the classroom assigned.
- Speaking with children in a friendly, positive, courteous manner and listening to children with attention and respect.
- Actively participating in and reinforcing children’s play.
- Assisting the Teacher II in establishing consistent rules and behavioral expectations and conveying them clearly and consistently by using positive guidance methods.
- Assisting the Teacher II in maintaining a consistent yet flexible daily schedule where routines are established which enable children to predict events and develop a basic sense of trust.
- Assisting the Teacher II in planning challenging and appropriate activities in response to children’s changing needs, interests and skills.
- Models expectation for sensitivity and competency relating to diversity and cultural awareness.
- Assisting the Teacher II in observing children to modify and enrich the learning environment.
- Supporting classroom goals as well as goals for individual children and ensuring that individual plans are consistently implemented.
- Recognizing and allowing for individual differences in development and abilities when assisting in the planning of activities and learning experiences.
- Encouraging responsibility and independence in children as they are ready.
- Promoting problem solving through open-ended questions and suggestions.
- Performing basic cleaning responsibilities including but not limited to: cleaning tables and chairs; disinfecting classroom, restrooms and toys; mopping and vacuuming.
- Actively engaging in the process of meal times including table preparation, serving, eating with the children, and cleaning up after meals.
- Continually observing and documenting children’s progress, growth and development.
- Completing all required forms and assigned paperwork.
- Assist Teacher II with CACFP mealtime documentation.
- Child Development Associates Credential or equivalent
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood or related field
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in direct service delivery to preschool children
- Requires in-depth knowledge of child development
- Excellent organization, time management, written/verbal communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Bilingual - Spanish/ English - Preferred