Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HR Specialist I
at CBE Companies
CBE has an opening for a Human Resources (HR) Specialist in our New Braunfels, TX office.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
- Assist the Human Resource Department with various duties at the direction of the Director, Human Resources. Maintain positive communications with internal staff with knowledge of CBE benefits and other areas the Human Resource Department supports. Constantly project a positive image of the corporate office and the company through a professional approach and appearance. Play a vital role as one of the key players in CBEs Human Resources Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides HR support for Corporate office employees and management
- Understand CBE benefits in order to assist in answering questions brought forth by employees or management.
- Gain a clear understanding of all CBE corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist in maintaining the personnel, confidentiality and payroll files on all newly hired and terminated employees.
- Submit information for Unemployment Insurance Benefits claims and schedule appointments for fact finding and appeal hearings
- Understand the Workers Compensation process; including filing all claims and supporting the branch offices when claims/issues arise
- Understand OSHA requirements and escalate any concerns to HR Management
- Prepare termination packets for management when requested; participate in terminations as necessary. Includes ensuring that all termination steps are completed for every employee that leaves the company.
- Support the badge software that allows employees access to our building and offices, along with creating badges for employees and disabling badges for terminated employees.
- Assist in reconciling badge information, including temporary badges and invalid badge scans.
- Support the HRIS, which includes understanding how management is to submit and maintain employee information accurately, and all other items that are required by HR to update so that employee information is accurately stored and submitted.
- Provide assistance to the Recruiter(s) in regard to prescreening, reference checks, background checks, paperwork etc.
- Assist in processing paperwork for new employees, or for current employees that request a change timely, accurately and appropriately.
- Participate in setting up and helping with job fairs that CBE holds on site.
- Provide support to all employees that have questions regarding CBEs benefit plans or company policies.
- Have a basic understanding of HR laws and regulations to assure CBE is adhering to appropriate policies and procedures, including employee relations, ADA, FLSA, FMLA, EEO, Affirmative Action etc.
- Provide assistance in processing FMLA and or Short Term Disability (STD) paperwork and logging FMLA employee usage and answering basic FMLA/STD questions with employees.
- Maintain accuracy in all handouts and forms that are distributed to CBE employees and keep them up to date.
- Review CBE Online Intranet to maintain the accuracy of data that is on the Human Resources page.
- Assist in planning employee related events, such as company picnics, employee benefit trainings, annual trainings, United Way, Casual for a Cause, etc.
- Prepare reports as necessary for statistical information relating to CBE employees, such as staffing, tenure and termination reports.
- Maintain confidentiality as appropriate in working with employees on personnel related matters. Adhere to all HIPAA, GLBA and privacy regulations.
- Review and understand all HR Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
- Ability to take initiative and complete assignments, after initial direction, to completion.
- Perform other position-related duties as assigned by the Director, Human Resources or Chief HR Officer.
- The Company reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position as appropriate.
- Must be able to perform the essential job duties of the position. Reasonable accommodations will be provided to qualified individuals with disabilities.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary seated position up to 85% of the work shift.
- Must be able to occasionally move about inside the office to access office machinery, file cabinets or attend meetings.
- Must be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, printer, scanner, fax machine.
- Must be able to exchange accurate information with co-workers, consumers and/or clients or vendors who have work related inquiries.
Skill / Requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERENCES
- Bachelors Degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred
- 1-3 years of previous experience in Human Resources preferred
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Detail-oriented, highly motivated and a strong work ethic
- Expected proficiency in Word, Excel and Power Point
CBE Companies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. CBE Companies is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, national origin, gender (including gender identity and transgender status), genetic information, disability, veteran status or other protected statuses in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Background check and drug testing required.