Career Systems Development Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resource Specialist
at Career Systems Development Corporation
- Job ID
- Human Resources
Interested in making a difference in young adults’ lives between the ages of 16-24? If so we may have the perfect job for you.
Job Corps is a government-funded, no-cost education and vocational training program administered by the U.S. Department of Labor that helps socioeconomically disadvantaged youth. We strive to fulfill this mission by following our Core Values of Safety, Individual Accountability, Respect, Integrity, Growth and Commitment.
Come and surround yourself with talented and professional individuals who have also taken the next step of making a difference in someone’s life.
You would not only have a great and dedicated team to work with, but you may also be eligible to take advantage of a comprehensive benefits plan which includes medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k), legal, paid holidays, vacation, and sick time.
The Human Resources Specialist Performs complex clerical tasks and human resources duties. May perform generalist duties in absence of Manager
- Demonstrates and abides by the Company Core Values and the operating principles
- Enters employee information in computerized human resources system such as personal data compensation, benefits, training, attendance, merits, etc. Performs systems backup regularly
- Reviews employment applications for accuracy. Interviews non-exempt level applicants Prescreens applications for exempt candidates
- Conducts benefit and policy orientation with new hires
- Establishes and maintains all employee personnel files and records
- Updates employee files to document personnel transactions and provides information to the Finance Department for payroll purposes
- Conducts reference checks as required
- Examines employee files to answer routine inquiries and provides information to authorized personnel.
- Types job postings, letters, reports, memorandums, performance appraisals etc
- Proofreads and corrects grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors
- Gathers and compiles data from personnel records and prepares required reports
- Establishes and maintains all EEO/AAP logs
- Publishes center staff newsletter
- May assist in the development of the center Affirmative Action Plan
Minimum: High School graduate or equivalent. One year’s work-related experience, plus one year in a complex clerical capacity
Preferred: Previous HR and Payroll Experience
Ability to proficiently operate personal computer; working knowledge of word processing and math spreadsheet software applications. Ability to type accurately at a moderate speed. Familiarity with basic EEO/AAP legislation. Knowledge of basic interviewing skills. Sound business telephone techniques. Ability to use proper Business English, proofread and correct grammatical, punctuation and spelling errors