Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Coordinator (73167)
at Capital Lumber
At Capital, we know that a building is only as strong as the materials its made of. And we also know that a company is only as strong as the employees who keep it running. Because of this, we value more than just delivering the best products. We value investing in the best people.
Although we have over 70 years of success behind us, we still need innovative and dedicated employees to take us into the future. When you join the Capital team, you're empowered to succeed, encouraged to grow, and rewarded for your hard work.
We are currently seeking a full-time Safety Coordinator for our Phoenix Branch. This is an entry level position. While safety experience is preferred, we are happy to provide training for the right candidate. Do you have a history of exceptional attendance and a can -do attitude? Do you consider yourself a leader with extraordinary work ethic? Apply today!
- Collaborates with management to prepare and implement safety policies and procedures and ensures they are documented and updated
- Collaborate with Human Resources for new hire safety training
- Coordinates and evaluates safety programs to promote and ensure a safe working environment
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions and updates specific to branch needs. In addition, coordinate Behavioral Based Safety and Forklift Certification Training
- Submits recommendations for improvements and additions to the safety management program including emergency preparedness, accident causes, prevention, and general safety
- Stops operations and activities that could harm staff and/or reports equipment issues for maintenance
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems based on monthly branch inspections
- In partnership with Operations Manager, conduct and lead monthly safety meetings
- Shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization including coordination of annual audiograms
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Assist with Dispatch
- Reads handwritten or system generated sales order to determine product
- Accurately pulls delivery orders and stages for loading as directed
- Safely, accurately, courteously loads product on customer’s truck/trailer
- Always operates forklift safely following all safety rules and regulations
- Assists in inventory and/or cycle counts as directed
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Safety experience preferred
- Knowledge of safety policies and applicable (OSHA) standards a plus
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual skills in English & Spanish required
- Ability to conduct training
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software
- Good knowledge of lumber products preferred
- Have forklift experience and certification with ability to teach and certify forklift safety as well as train operations staff on operations and quality standards
- Ability to model the Capital values and to provide innovative solutions
- Ability to work at a faster than average pace in which high quality and organized results are produced
- Collaborative and team focused with the ability to influence others to assure policies and procedures are followed
- Ability to deliver high quality, detailed error free work on a consistent basis
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English to the extent required to receive and communicate information as necessary to the position
- Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull up to 75 pounds
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections
- Must be able stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl 5% or less of the workday
- Must be able to sit and walk or otherwise move around for prolonged periods of time throughout the workday
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes, and moving mechanical parts and vibrations. Work is performed outdoors, and employee is exposed to variety of extreme weather conditions at the distribution warehouse. The noise level in the work environment and warehouse can be loud.
At Capital, we believe in developing our employees and promoting from within. We also believe a team that works hard should also make room to have fun. Not only do we create and preserve a safe work environment, we also strive for continuous improvement. We offer competitive pay, comprehensive benefits, and vacation time. To be considered, please apply now.