Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Payroll and Benefits Administrator
at CAN Capital
Under the general supervision of the VP of Human Resources, this position audits and processes the bi-weekly payroll, including bonus and sales incentive payouts, creating and maintaining records, reconciling payroll and deduction totals and prepares a variety of regular and ad-hoc reports. Additionally, the Payroll and Benefits Administrator works closely with Human Resources on HR systems, employee on-boarding and off-boarding, benefits administration and special projects as needed. This position is located in Kennesaw, GA.
· Ensures timeliness and accuracy in processing multi-state payroll for 130+ employees
· Compiles and distributes a variety of payroll and employee data reports on a regular and ad-hoc basis
· Verifies payroll data regarding employee life cycle including new hires, promotions, transfers, pay-rate changes and terminations
· Ensures daily administration of 401k plan, health and disability plans, leave of absence, PTO. Liaison for 401k plan audit, Workers Compensation audit and annual 5500 filling
· Addresses payroll and benefits-related inquiries and concerns from employees managers, and the HR Team
· Initiates and tracks all manual, stopped and voided checks according to state regulations
· Processes all incentive payments on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, ensuring that all required approvals have been obtained
· Ensures payroll and benefit plans compliance with all applicable federal, state, and local tax laws
· Manages benefit vendors, ensuring accurate enrollment information exchange, escalation and resolution of issues
· Supports ongoing benefits communication and coordinates/ drive benefit related events ( ex. open enrollment, health fair)
Performs quarterly audits of PTO balances, including confirmations from managers of ADP system balances for their employees
· Keeps management well-informed of current activities and significant issues
· Responds to requests from taxing authorities, auditors, and others as needed
· Maintains accurate documentation of payroll and benefits processes and procedures, including creating the payroll& holiday calendar
· Performs several reconciliations including but not limited to benefit invoices, 401k and vacation liability to assist Finance with reconciling variances and/or fluctuations to the general ledger
· Administers ADP Workforce Now ensuring data integrity and system functionality
· Works directly with ADP and researches proper treatment for special payroll runs (i.e. equity, bonus)
· Completes quarterly benefit audits on all health and welfare plans
· Responsible for year-end adjustments and W-2 processing and balancing
Skill / Requirements
· 3+ years of multi-state payroll experience and BA degree required or an equivalent combination of education and payroll and benefits administration experience.
· 2+ year experience daily administration of benefit plans and managing third-party vendors.
· High level of expertise with ADP Workforce Now (HRIS, Payroll, eTime)
· Strong ability to follow-up and drive issues to resolution working with a sense of urgency
· Thorough understanding of payroll function, payroll laws and ability to troubleshoot as well as good understanding of employee benefit laws and regulations ( ERISA, ACA)
· Strong math skills with high level of accuracy and attention to detail
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
· Good judgement, high-level of confidentiality and work ethic
· Must have solid analytical skills, problem solving, decision making
· Excellent ability to plan, organize, prioritize and escalate.
· Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills