Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio
The People Manager will have dual reporting to the Vice President of Finance and CEO.
The People Manager will work closely with the Executive Leadership team.
· Administer, revise, and evaluate employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices as needed.
· Assist in reviewing and updating job requirements, job descriptions and pay scales.
· Develops strategies to make sure the organization has the people it needs to meet short- and long-term goals.
· Recruit, interview, reference and recommend candidates.
· Conduct and analyze exit interviews; recommending changes as needed.
· Prepare employees for work by establishing and conducting orientation and training.
· Ensure effective implementation of Positive Performance Management system. Train supervising managers on the effective use of performance management techniques, leadership skills, and employee cultivation. Ensure consistency in management styles across departments.
· Serve as a resource for resolving employee concerns
· Identify training opportunities for staff, and ensure staff complete all required training
· Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conduct investigations; maintain personnel files
· Serve as point of contact for unemployment claims, appeals, and hearings
· Create and facilitate innovative methods of team building and agency culture enrichment activities
Skill / Requirements
The successful candidate will be highly organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative, strategic, extroverted, friendly, personable, pquirementsrofessional, and demonstrate excellent communication skills. Must have past experience as a sole practitioner Human Resources professional.
Experience & Education:
Experience: Hiring, Human Resources Management, Performance Management, Communication Processes, Compensation and Wage Structure, Supports Diversity, Classifying Employees, Employment Law, Laws Against Sexual Harassment, Organizational skills, Team Building Education:Bachelors Degree in business, human resources, administration, communications or related field is preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
For 80 years, Boys & Girls Clubs of San Antonio has been there for kids and families when they need us most: after school, all day in the summer, and even during the school day. Our membership is open to all youth ages 6-18, and our Club members have access to a wealth of programming that has the power to positively shape and change their lives. Our highly motivated team of Youth Development Professionals and staff are committed to youth and families in San Antonio who need us most.