Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Bona Vista
- - Work Force Diversity
- Kokomo, IN, USA
- Full Time
Assist persons to choose, obtain and retain integrated employment in the community. Initially assess, job develop, train and provide ongoing support for people with a variety of disabilities seeking employment.
- Coordinate career planning/assessment process for program participants through person focused determination of interests, strengths, skills, abilities, and needed supports.
- Develop person centered, meaningful strategies and an employment plan for achieving employment goals of the person served and conduct case conferences as appropriate for each employment candidate.
- Provide motivation, support and counseling as necessary to enhance job readiness for people seeking jobs.
- Identify labor and employer needs utilizing job development activities, which may include employer contacts, job restructuring, needed accommodations, negotiating duties and compensation.
- Utilize job and cultural analysis to determine job requirements, then matches those needs with personal interests and abilities of qualified candidates.
- Coordinate or provide on-going consultation, guidance and follow-up support as required by employee/employer needs.
- Promote and facilitate integration of the employee into work and community culture through natural supports related to advocacy, positive co-worker relationships and formation of linkages with community resources and services.
- Provide or coordinate ongoing long-term support services reflecting the needs and desires of the person served.
- Market and educate employers about available employee candidates and services provided by WorkForce Diversity including applicable work incentive/benefit programs.
- Initiate process to secure performance/satisfaction feedback from employee/employer and funding source and utilizes results to improve services.
- Work individually and/or with support team members to make efficient use of time and generate required levels of production.
- Maintain records and progress reporting systems in compliance with agency and position standards/ regulations.
- Work cooperatively with co-workers, individuals seeking services, BDDS, and vendors.
- Must be physically capable of performing diverse job functions to assist individuals in learning their job duties. Such physical acts include, but are not limited to: standing for long periods of time, bending, mopping, sweeping, pushing, lifting items of various weight, and possess manual dexterity skills to operate various tools and equipment. In addition, must be able to generate case documentation and communicate on the telephone. Physical activities may include but not be limited to: lifting up 25-50 pounds (depending on person served); bending; reaching; stretching; grasping; visual acuity; walking; squatting, guiding; and transporting.
- Facilitate person centered planning meetings quarterly as requested.
- Provide Pre-ETS services as needed.
- Attend/request related training as authorized.
- Use personal vehicle to call on employers and transport persons served to interviews and work during initial phase of placement, if necessary.
- Comply with ethical standards of Bona Vista Programs, APSE, NRA and other governing/affiliated bodies.
- Promote and display positive attitude and an overall commitment to the agency's mission, values, and vision.
- Ability to work flexible, non-standard hours, including occasional evenings and weekends.
- B.S. in rehabilitation, social services, special education, or related field preferred. High School Diploma required.
- Previous experience in employment services, marketing, working with adults with disabilities or similar background desired.
- Demonstrated skills and ability in word processing and verbal presentation.
- Maintain a valid Indiana driver's license, and maintain insurability as defined by the agency liability insurance carrier. Maintain insurance on personal vehicle (minimum of PLPD w/Medical liability coverage). Current proof of insurance must be maintained in personnel file per BQIS regulation.
- Must possess and maintain reliable transportation that meets state requirements for transporting persons served.
- Must possess or be able to obtain CPR, CPI, and first aid certification annually and perform as necessary.