Blain Supply Inc. and Blain’s Farm & Fleet
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
*$12.50/hr!* Automotive Service Advisor
at Blain Supply Inc. and Blain’s Farm & Fleet
- Requisition ID
- # of Openings
- Job Class
- Retail Store
- Desired Availability
- Automotive Service
- Position Type
- Regular Full-Time
Founded in 1955, Blain's Farm and Fleet is a specialty retailer with privately-held stores in the Midwest. Our philosophy is simple: offer the hardest working people in America an honest value and the best customer service. We do this by carrying the best brands at the lowest price possible, and hiring and training talented, hardworking people. As a member of the Blain’s Farm & Fleet family, you will benefit from a stable work environment, family-owned company that is closed on major holidays and offers a comprehensive, competitive benefits plan.
The Service Advisor will perform automotive services in a timely and efficient manner while providing quality customer service. There are three Service Technician positions with regard to level of expertise and duties assigned. Associates will be trained to achieve Level I status.
- Assist customers with their purchases in a customer service and sales focused environment.
- Utilize computers to determine product inventory levels and product arrival dates. Utilize computers and VAST system to set up work orders for customers, schedule service work and communicate to the service department.
- Explain work orders and invoices to customers.
- Perform Retail Cashier Duties by obtaining and processing customer payments.
- Install batteries, balance wheels, repair and install tires when required.
- Perform oil changes using LOF procedures when required.
- Demonstrate awareness and compliance with Loss Prevention and safety policies and procedures.
- Ability to interpret vehicle inspection results and make appropriate service recommendations to customers.
- Must have great communication skills
- Ability to work nights when needed and at least every other weekend
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screening and background checks
- Ability to read and speak English
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and coworkers
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Prior auto repair experience is preferred
- Prior retail experience preferred
- Paid Holidays and Paid Vacations*
- Profit sharing*
- Parental leave*
- Flexible work schedule
- Associate discount program
- Exciting and engaging work environment
- Short and long term disability and life insurance