Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
BT-1703 Software Assurance/Safety Specialist
at Bastion Technologies
- John C. Stennis Space Center, MS, USA
- Full Time
The Software Assurance / Safety Specialist will support the SSC S&MA Directorate by providing technical expertise in the disciplines of Software Quality, Software Reliability, Software Safety, Software Security, and Software Verification and Validation to include, but not be limited to the following;
- Plan, organize, perform, monitor, communicate and manage software assurance and safety activities for software developed for all phases of the product lifecycle including product concept, requirements definition, design, implementation, problem reporting, corrective action, verification and validation, testing, operations, maintenance, and retirement.
- Evaluate software products and processes to ensure standards and processes are implemented correctly and adhered to.
- Perform software assurance classification assessments including safety criticality designations for Government developed or acquired software.
- Assure that software verification and validation activities occur according to established plans, policies, procedures and standards.
- Perform functional configuration audits and physical configuration audits and software acceptance documentation.
- Witness and monitor software formal qualification testing.
- Document or assure that problems, discrepancies, test anomalies and risks are documented in the appropriate system.
- Perform software safety analyses including, but not limited to, software hazard analyses and software fault tree analyses to determine software failure causes and controls to mitigate hazards. Track controls to closure in the Hazard Tracking Database.
- Identify and perform safety critical software requirements analysis based upon controls identified in hazard analyses and the Software Prioritization Risk Level based on the Software Safety Criticality Assessment.
- Perform software reliability analyses including determining defect density, trend analyses, and failure modes and effects analyses for incorporation into integrated reliability analyses.
- Assist the Government with the identification and discussion of significant issues and risks to be presented at the program and project boards and forums.
- Develop software assurance plans in accordance with local procedures and in accordance with program and project.
- Review software assurance, engineering and safety processes, plans and procedures for compliance to NASA standards and procedural requirements.
The successful candidate will (among other things) perform / participate in Document Reviews, Design Reviews, Code Reviews, Developer's Manuals Reviews, Configuration Management Evaluations and Audits, Software Hazard Assessments / Analyses, Requirements Reviews and Analysis, Software Assurance Classification Reports Development, Witness Testing, Software Test Plans and Test Procedures Review and Approval, Document Traceability Analysis, and Audits.
- BS in Engineering required
- 5-10 Years of Experience
- Must be a US citizen
- Must be able to pass a national agency check
- Must be able to pass pre-employment and periodic random drug and alcohol screenings.
Experience with control system & data acquisition software.
Position requires excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to work harmoniously and effectively with co-workers, management and all levels of customer and contractor personnel.
Required to be regular in attendance (per agreed to work hours schedule), consistently punctual and can be relied upon to successfully complete all assignments.
Proficiency in Windows based PCs with database and Microsoft (Word, Excel, etc) applications.
Effective working within a team enviroment and as a stand alone subject matter expert.
Required to be regular in attendance (per agreed to work hours) and available for occassional 2nd, and 3rd shifts, and travel.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and be able to successfully work with minimum supervision.
Other Desired Skills:
Familiarity with the current version of NASA-STD- 8739.8 (Standard for Software Assurance), NASA-STD-8719 (Software Safety Standard), and NPR 7150.2 (NASA Software Engineering Requirement)
Experience in performing complex Fault Tree Analysis (FTA) and Hazard Assessments (HAs) is highly desirable.
Previous experience with rocket engine testing / development, and / or SSC is highly desirable.
Bastion participates in the e-Verify and EEO