BASIS Educational Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at BASIS Educational Group
|Office:||BASIS.ed Scottsdale Office|
BASIS.ed is seeking a full time Payroll Manager to join our team. In addition to our corporate office, we process payroll for 2000+ employees on a semi-monthly schedule, with both an hourly and salary schedule. Consequently, we’re looking for an experienced professional who understands the unique factors involved in processing payroll for multiple locations. We’re seeking someone who is familiar with multiple states payroll processes, willing to lend his or her skills to other tasks when the opportunity arises.
- Review of current payroll processes, identifying areas of improvement and facilitating implementation of any necessary changes.
- Payroll administration utilizing knowledge of applicable federal and state laws. Ability to create policy based on knowledge of these laws.
- Analyzes, prepares and oversee the inputting of payroll data. Typically uses automated system to produce accurate and timely payroll. Ensures compliance with all applicable state and federal wage and hour laws.
- Has authority for personnel actions and oversees most day to day operations of group, managing a team of two payroll specialists.
- Stays current on payroll systems to achieve alignment with HR, benefits and other related areas and to ensure effective accounting support.
- Facilitates management and employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Oversees year-end preparations as well as quarterly adjustments.
Skills and Abilities:
- Five plus years Payroll management experience required in multi-state, multi-location.
- Ability to multi-task projects and required tasks.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as self-motivated in individual projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written to all levels of the organization.
- Fluently competent with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Suites.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
Additional Job Information:
Benefits and Salary: Salary for this position is competitive and dependent on education and experience. BASIS.ed offers a comprehensive benefits package.
Notice of Non-Discrimination: In accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Boy Scouts of America Equal Access Act and applicable state law, BASIS* does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, gender identity or expression, or any other classification protected by law in any of its business activities, including its educational programs and activities which comply fully with the requirements of state and federal law and Title IX. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding BASIS’ non-discrimination policies: Beverly Traver, Compliance and Equity Investigator, BASIS Educational Group, LLC., 7975 N. Hayden Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85258, (480) 289-2088.
*As used in this policy, the term "BASIS" refers to: BASIS Educational Group, LLC, BASIS Charter Schools, Inc., BTX Schools, Inc., BDC, A Public School, Inc., BBR Schools, Inc., and all affiliated entities.