Atria Senior Living
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
MGR, HR & Benefit Operations - Atria Senior Living
at Atria Senior Living
- Human Resources
- Community Name
- Atria Senior Living
- Requisition ID
What’s the difference between a job and a meaningful, rewarding career? The people you serve. When you work at Atria, you have a front-row seat to the amazing life stories of the wisest people on earth. What’s more, you are part of an extraordinary company – one that’s investing in the future of senior living by investing in you. Don’t just do a job. Be part of an extraordinary life.
Atria Senior Living is a leading operator of independent living, assisted living, supportive living, and memory care communities in more than 200 locations in 27 states and seven Canadian provinces. We create vibrant communities where older adults can thrive and participate, know that their contributions are valued, and enjoy access to opportunities and support that help them continue making a difference in our world.
Atria is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by applicable law. Atria will not tolerate harassment or discrimination based on any of these protected classifications.
The HR and Benefit Operations Manager is responsible for HR and benefit operations including implementation, administration and communication of the Company's health and welfare programs in the United States and Canada, the 401(k) plan for U.S. employees, and the RRSP for Canada employees. This individual ensures that plans are administered consistent with Company plan documents, objectives and strategy and ensures that all plans are in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Provide leadership and support in day-to-day department operations. Identify and implement process improvement opportunities and provide growth opportunities for team members.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, developing, and evaluating assigned staff.
- Drive process improvement, automation, policy and program compliance.
- Create logical and scalable workflows and processes. Drive consistent usage and training of all HR systems.
- Lead the implementation of HR and benefit tools and systems.
- Manage relationships with third party administrators, consultants and auditors. Ensure that the various benefit plans and programs are administered in compliance with plan provisions and that participants receive the highest level of customer service.
- Manage the benefits enrollment process including development of implementation plans, system updates, generation of employee communications, accurate set up of deductions, and post enrollment reporting for open enrollment as well as new hire, life event and other enrollment opportunities throughout the plan year.
- Develop effective benefits communications to improve employee understanding and increase participation in Atria’s benefit programs utilizing multiple media for distribution. Work collaboratively with vendors, the Employee Communications department, and the Marketing department in the production and delivery of all related messages and materials.
- Partner in the implementation of HR and benefit plans, programs and processes by effectively collaborating with key stakeholders, end users, IT, HR and employees.
- Support acquisition due diligence and onboarding of new communities.
- Ensure the maintenance of accurate and concise benefit data records and reports within internal and external systems.
- Oversee annual audits of health and welfare and retirement plans.
- Stay apprised of federal, state and local laws and regulations and partner with the Legal department to ensure Company compliance (such as Leave of Absence requirements, 5500’s, SBC’s Summary Plan Descriptions, DOL requirements, ACA, etc.).
- May perform other duties as needed and/or assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with at least five (5) years of experience in the benefits field or a combination of education and experience with at least three (3) years in a management role.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft HCM or equivalent HRIS software.
- Experience working with outsourced benefit administration and report writing software.
- Strong financial acumen and analytical skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of benefit laws.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and oral, as well as the ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
- Strong prioritization, detail orientation, decision making, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills, with the ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- CEBS, PHR, SPHR preferred.