Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Developing innovative therapies is one of the most challenging, most essential and personally rewarding fields in science. This is the most exciting time to be a part of Astellas, a company with a uniquely collaborative and patient-focused culture.
There's something special about working at Astellas. It's reflected in our focus on the people we serve, the way we treat each other and the results we achieve together as a company.
Astellas is announcing a Payroll Administrator in Northbrook, IL.
Purpose & Scope:
A team player who assist the payroll team with a wide variety of payroll, time, and tax activities including: record keeping, payroll processing, audit, and reporting activities for a multi-state, multi-entity, bi-weekly payroll for salaried and hourly, full time, and part time employees. Able to work in a fast pace environment to ensuring efficient, accurate and timely payroll delivery. Capable of communicating with employees on payroll/time questions and escalating complex questions within the payroll team.
Able to audit and tracks payroll tax activities, including compliance with local, state, and federal regulations. Responds to basic questions and requests from employees and works with 3rd party payroll provider on agency inquires. Escalates timely within the HR payroll operations team complex issues.
Supports team by reviewing and answering paid time off questions for USA and Canadian employees in a timely manner. Ability to work with payroll team to run and review reports requested by internal business partners. Escalates complex time scenarios in a timely manner.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Performs tasks to maintain employee, payroll, and paid time off records. Processes payroll/time records, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax form processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, incentive payments, relocation, voluntary deductions, terminations, garnishment processing.
* Ensures that employee changes are entered correctly and within current payroll schedule. Prepares and audits time files for nonexempt employees bi-weekly. Audits and reviews changes for proper authorization, adhering to all company policies and are compliant with federal/state/local regulations. Identifies and corrects out-of-balance conditions before finalizing payroll.
* Receives and responds timely to telephone, e-mail inquiries, and mail. Understands and can explain payroll policies and procedures to company employees of all levels. Provides high quality service to employees and effectively resolves employee issues.
* Researches and analyzes paycheck and time discrepancies and supports the HR operations Payroll team to processes appropriate corrections. Analyzes audits, reconciles, and resolves payroll processing and employee payroll/time issues. Ensures payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations.
* Research of federal and state regulatory requirements and supports the payroll team in resolving tax, withholding, garnishment, and wage/hour issues for payroll processing. Tracks and works to correct errors in a timely manner to ensure accuracy of payroll tax withholding, minimizing potential penalties. Escalates complex issues to the payroll team in a timely manner.
* Responsible for accurate set up and system maintenance of SUI rates. Works with payroll team and 3rd party vendor on registration of new accounts when required. Calculates and sets up garnishments, levies, and family court orders in payroll system.
* Collects data for auditors and local, state, or federal agencies as needed and provides to the HR operations payroll team for review and submission. Prepares reports to support the payroll team in all area's of HR payroll operations, which includes: Finance and Accounts Payable for remittance of payroll tax wires, café 125 plan, 409 plan, 401k wires, and 3rd party vendor payments.
* Maintains payroll files and provide necessary reports or documentation according to Astellas' established procedures. Monitors procedures for accuracy and relevance and provides feedback to the HR Operations Payroll team for review and up-dating/creating of SOP.
* Process payroll for 2,700 + U.S employees across all states and affiliates
* This position reports directly to Payroll Operations Manager and HR Data. This position participates in the processing of all payroll for all U.S. entities.
Skill / Requirements
* 3+ year's payroll experience performing all functions of payroll.
* Excellent customer service skills with an ability to effectively handle and resolve employee inquiries and issues.
* Agile employee who is able to work in a fast pace evolving environment.
* Ability to learn processes and apply knowledge.
* Proficient skills using MS Word, Excel, and cloud solution HR systems
* Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion. Demonstrated high degree of professionalism and integrity.
* Ability to problem solving /judgment skills and high level of attention to detail and accuracy.
* Strong organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure. Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks and meet all deadlines.
* FPC or CCP certification
* Experience working in global organization
* ADP experience
* SAP experience
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled