Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
DISCHARGE PLANNER - 000440-NURSING ADMINISTRATION
at Aspirus Wausau Hospital
Aspirus Ironwood Hospital
Contact: Lori Perron
Aspirus Ironwood Hospital is currently seeking a Discharge Planner for our Case Management
Department. While specific tasks may vary general responsibilities include:
Coordinates the provision of psychosocial services. Conducts discharge planning process. Identifies continued care requirements and arranges for services. Provides utilization review services
LOCATION: Ironwood, MI – Aspirus Ironwood Hospital
SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
Candidates should possess following skills:
· Knowledge of patient care standards and practices normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Social Work.
· Demonstrates ability to write clear and concise clinical notes, organize and prioritize time, function independently under limited supervision and effectively communicate and work as a team member.
· Exhibits self-direction and assertiveness in job performance, as well as the ability to independently problem solve.
· Possesses and exercises good public relation skills.
· Possesses strong clinical skills in assessment and professional judgment, board-based knowledge of medical management, nursing management, and medical terminology and familiarity and knowledge of medical records organization and procedures.
· Possesses the understanding of the healthcare continuum.
· Knowledge of various computer applications.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Candidates should possess one or more of the following:
· Current Michigan licensure
· BSW or RN
· Previous experience working with patients within the context of discharge planning and utilization review efforts along with a minimum of 1 to 3 years of acute care hospital experience preferred.