Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Workers Compensation Manager
at Art Van Furniture
Are you looking for a dynamic opportunity? Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, and one of the top 10 in the United States is seeking an experienced Workers Compensation Manager.
The Workers Compensation Manager is responsible for all workers’ compensation and return to work related issues. Other responsibilities include:
- Handles all workers’ compensation claims, including follow up with clinics, doctors, hospitals and associates
- Manage and maintain records for non-DOT, post accident and reasonable suspicion drug testing
- Responsible for implementing and monitoring an effective return to work program
- Conducts post accident safety investigations
- Meet, document and conduct re-training on repeat injury claims
- Maintain MIOSHA 300 log for Corporate, Warehouse, and Central Service
- Investigate all potential fraudulent claims; conduct surveillance if necessary to obtain evidence
- Meet quarterly with Insurance representatives to partner cost reduction and injury prevention programs
- Partner with Organizational Development to develop and provide Safety training programs for new hires (lifting, etc)
- Track and publish annual injury data
- Authority as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Apply corporate values (PARTNERS.)
Skill / Requirements
The position requires the following qualifications:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years relevant work experience in Employee Relations or Risk Claims/Investigations.
- Requires an Associate’s Degree in Risk Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Occupational Therapy or related field, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Requires excellent communication, negotiation and decision making skills.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology including understanding of types/extents of injuries.
- Normal amount of sitting or standing, average mobility to move around an office environment, able to conduct normal amount of work at a computer. Ability to travel as needed.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer offering a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, apply on-line at jobs.artvan.com. Learn more about Art Van by viewing our company video at: