Art Van Furniture
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Art Van Furniture
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s premier furniture retailer and one of America’s top 20 furniture retailers, is seeking an experienced Payroll Supervisor to join our corporate payroll team.
Reporting to our Controller, the Payroll Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the preparation and processing of our weekly payroll for hourly and salaried associates. Specific duties include:
- Providing direction and guidance to a team of payroll clerks charged with computing and processing wages and other payments for a workforce in excess of 3,000 associates.
- Responsible for hiring, performance appraisal, etc. for team.
- Reviewing, preparing and distributing weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Handling all multi-state payroll related tax filings and other compliance reporting.
- Maintaining payroll related HRIS data.
- Processing and distributing payroll reports.
- Processing court-ordered, deductions.
- Maintaining records.
Skill / Requirements
The position requires:
- A minimum of five to seven years payroll experience with at least two years at the management level. Background in leading an "in-house" payroll function is required.
- Must be proficient with Excel and Word. Experience with dedicated payroll systems and query tools (Showcase, Crystal Reports, etc.)
- Strong background in multi-state tax laws, rules, and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in an environment with multiple priorities. Must be able to work well with a diverse group in stressful, deadline oriented environment.
Art Van is an equal opportunity employer who offers a competitive salary combined with an excellent benefits package. If you are interested, please apply on-line at: jobs.artvan.com.