Arizona Humane Society
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arizona Humane Society
Every pet deserves a good life. We save the most vulnerable animals and enrich the lives of pets and people. Our mission is made possible with the hard work of our valued employees. We offer a friendly, professional work environment with a culture that promotes innovation, compassion and excellence.
Human Resources Generalist
Make a positive difference at AHS as a valued HR partner and advisor. Provide guidance to management on employee relations and performance concerns to contribute to high employee morale and organizational performance and minimize risk. Serve as the primary point of contact for full employee lifecycle matters. Execute all aspects of HR administration.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respond to and resolve employee questions and concerns promptly.
- Manage FMLA, ADA, short and long-term disability leaves.
- Assist in creating, documenting, and improving HR processes. Assist team with optimizing the use of technology for efficiency.
- Lead the annual benefits open enrollment process and coordinate with benefits broker and vendors.
- Oversee wellness initiatives such as nicotine cessation and annual biometric screenings.
- Provide counsel to management and lead termination meetings.
- Update compensation ranges annually.
- Conduct exit interviews and respond to unemployment claims.
- Manage the organization's Maricopa County Trip Reduction Program.
- Support ad-hoc HR projects such as the rollout of new policies or procedures, updating handbook, etc.
- Run reports, track & help maintain accurate data.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education / Certifications / Licenses:
- Human Resources certification such as PHR and / or Bachelor's degree in related field
- Valid driver's license
- At least 2 years of HR experience in a small to mid-sized organization
- Excellent organizational, customer service and communication skills
- Ability to plan and prioritize work activities and work autonomously
- Proven record of handling sensitive issues with discretion and care
- Experience with payroll / HR system such as Paylocity
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
Language Able to speak, read, write and understand English.
Technical Proficiency with Word & Outlook. Advanced Excel skills. Ability to learn new programs.
Regular attendance, punctuality and access to reliable transportation required.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
The work environment characteristics and physical demands described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Dander and animal noises are present in the work environment. There may be occasional wet floors and odors. Most time will be spent in a typical air conditioned and heated office environment.
The Arizona Humane Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a participant in the E-Verify program. Pre-employment background check and drug screening required.
Thank you for your interest with the Arizona Humane Society. We are Arizona's largest, private non-profit, animal shelter. We hire individuals with a passion to do a great job, and that have a compassion to help all animals.
Due to the high volume of applications received, candidates whose qualifications best meet the needs of the hiring department will be considered for an interview.
If you are among the highest qualified, you will be contacted to schedule an interview within two weeks of your application submission.
If you are not immediately selected for an interview, your application will be retained for a period of six months for future possible vacancies. Please do not call or email for your application status.
Please check our website often for new job opportunity posting. www.AZHumane.org
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.