Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System
Accountability, Community, Innovation, Leadership, Passion, Quality, Respect, Teamwork
HR Project Manager
First Resume Review: 05/21/19
This position will remain open until filled
Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), Arizona’s Medicaid Agency, is driven by the passion to deliver comprehensive and cost effective health care to Arizonans in need. AHCCCS is nationally acclaimed as a model for other Medicaid programs and recipient of multiple awards for excellence in workplace effectiveness and flexibility.
All Arizona state employees operate within the Arizona Management System (AMS), an intentional, results-driven approach for doing the work of state government whereby every employee reflects on performance, reduces waste, and commits to continuous improvement with sustainable progress. Through AMS, every state employee seeks to understand customer needs, identify problems, improve processes, and measure results. State employees are highly engaged, collaborative and embrace a culture of public service. Visit our careers page to learn more about AHCCCS. Use your skills to benefit others; join the AHCCCS Team!
Human Resources and Development is looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team as a HR Project Manager. The HR Project Manager is responsible for driving initiatives and managing project execution in alignment with HR and agency strategic goals and objectives. This role will develop and/or update project plans for various HR workforce projects. This position will also provide support to the CHRO and HR team and is responsible for a wide range of agency-wide workforce initiatives, activities, and committees. This role will champion continuous quality improvement efforts to ensure HR huddle boards and metrics are in alignment with overall goals and objectives. Major duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Driving initiatives and managing project execution.
* Develop or update plans for various HR projects.
* Conduct research and gather data to generate workforce reports and dashboards.
* Leading, managing, and/or participating in agency-wide workforce initiatives and programs including but not limited to the Recognition committee, Wellness program and committee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
* Demonstrated knowledge of project management methods, tools and practices; Ability to effectively manage multiple and changing priorities
* Demonstrated knowledge of research and data analysis methods and techniques; report preparation and presentation; communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
* Knowledge of current and most acceptable forms of Human Resources and organizational development practices; strong ability to maintain confidentiality; ability to interpret Federal and State HR related employment laws, Arizona State Personnel Rules, and policy and procedures
* Demonstrated knowledge of continuous quality improvement methods and tools
* Strong ability to manage projects including the establishment of objectives, scope, milestones and tracking; ability to set strategic goals and monitor progress; ability to identifying meaningful measurements
* Demonstrated skills with event coordination
* Strong customer service skills with the ability to develop and maintain working relationships
* Degree in Business Management, Human Resources Management, Organizational Development or related field. Experience working in a HR office in an internal consultant capacity, or as a Senior Generalist. Project management courses or Project Management Professional certification.
At AHCCCS, we promote the importance of work/life balance by offering workplace flexibility and a variety of learning and career development opportunities. Among the many benefits of a career with the State of Arizona, there are 10 paid holidays per year, accrual of sick and annual leave, affordable medical benefits and participation in the Arizona State Retirement Plan. Click here to learn more about benefits.
Arizona State Government is an EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by calling (602) 417-4497. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow sufficient time to arrange the accommodation. AHCCCS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All newly hired employees will be subject to E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification.
Click the APPLY NOW button to submit your application.
For technical assistance, email HRIShelpdesk@azdoa.gov or call 602-542-4700.