ARIZONA CENTER FOR HAND SURGERY
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resource Manager
at ARIZONA CENTER FOR HAND SURGERY
Human Resource Advocate
· Responsible for developing, managing, and enhancing a variety of training and development programs and other programs as assigned.
· Provides consultative support to management for the consistent and appropriate application of policies and procedures.
· Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
· Develops long-term strategies and sponsors key initiatives to promote and achieve a culture of service excellence and employee engagement.
Develops employee recognition strategies to include reviewing, evaluating and making recommendations for departmental recognition programs.
· New Hire orientation and onboarding, corporate culture training, site tours, compliance safety tours and education
· Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering contracts, and helping to resolve work-related problems
· Perform difficult duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, administering disciplinary procedures, and firing employees.
· Quarterly company newsletter - production
· Anniversary recognition of staff
· Exit interviews
Policies and Procedures
· Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotion, and employee benefits.
· Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
· Employee enrollment, and verification (E-Verify)
· Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data. (tax changes, direct deposits, wage garnishments, benefits accrual management)
· Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
· Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
· Final time card approvals
· Paycheck distribution, final paycheck processing
· Assist with the evaluation, recommendation and implementation benefit programs through research and analysis of benefit trends for potential changes, improvements and enhancements of current programs.
· Work with the various insurance carriers, administrators, service providers and consultants to optimize benefit program results.
· Direct in-house administration of COBRA, FMLA, HIPAA, leaves of absence, STD, LTD and Workers Comp audits.
· Develop and prepare all employee benefit related communication material including: benefit summary material, open enrollment information packets, plan change notifications, assorted updates and required communications
· Perform all other job-related duties as assigned or requested
Skill / Requirements
Must be self-starter willing to build an HR Department from the ground up
Experience: 4+ years Associates degree in human resources, bachelors degree preferred. PHR preferred
SHRM membership preferred
Training and Certifications: Certification Required and Maintained:
Travel Required: Yes, Valid Drivers License and Personal Auto Insurance
Special Skills and/or Abilities: Must be proficient in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook. EMR proficiency must be obtained in first 60 days of employment. Excellent oral and written communication skills are required, as well as organized time and project management skills.
Important Qualities and Characteristics: Responsible for maintaining the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality in all aspects of job performance.
Decision Making: Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Interaction: Interacts positively and professionally with staff, patients, families, physicians, other management members, and the general public.
Problem Solving: Working knowledge of standard human resources procedures. Triage and process messages from staff, physicians and mid-level providers.
Supervisory and Management Duties: No direct managerial responsibility however is able to maintain a friendly, helpful, supportive and team-like atmosphere among coworkers.