Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Trainer for Individuals w/ Developmental Disabilities
at Arc Broward
Arc Broward, a well-established, nationally accredited, non-profit organization based in Sunrise, Florida is currently looking for an energetic and compassionate Trainer to join our growing family.
The Trainer position is a multi-faceted job that entails working alongside our program participants (people with developmental disabilities and other life challenges) to teach them about a variety of pre-employment skills, which include social skills and financial literacy knowledge. This position is responsible for lesson planning, providing high quality classroom instruction, assessment of learning and clear documentation of student progress, scheduling WorkBar class sessions, and providing technical assistance during computer lab hours.
The ideal candidate will be a self-motivated individual who specializes in instructor-led (ILT) training delivery, use of varying technology, with a focus on learning modules that can be adapted to different learning styles. The individual who takes on this role will be a key contributor in achieving the team’s mission to improve the overall self-sufficiency of the individuals served. This position reports directly to the Arc Works Program Manager.
For more than 60 years Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 10 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its three pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates, Arc Culinary and Arc Tech.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team? Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (other duties may be assigned)
- Instruct the employment readiness skills training curriculum as prescribed.
- Responsible for end-to-end training content and deliverables. Create, and deliver classroom training, including both instructional and soft skills content.
- Develop and deliver/facilitate training programs aimed at addressing the program participant’s developmental needs.
- Define and meet project milestones and communicate progress in a timely manner. Identify metrics for training program success.
- Provide feedback to students to support their overall professional advancement.
- Evaluate and track student progress.
- Assist job seekers in creating portfolios and resumes.
- Mentor and motivate the participants as they learn job skills to be efficient and thorough.
- Research and recommend best practices.
- Schedule and Coordinate professional mentors and volunteers to assist job seekers.
- Minimum of one year of work experience in designing and delivering training & development, computer or communication-based interactive learning solutions
- Prior work experience in working with people with disabilities, or other disadvantaged populations is preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Training, Education, Instructional Design, or equivalent combination of education, training, and/or experience in related field.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with advanced facilitation skills.
- Comfortable speaking in front of a small group or audience.
- Must pass a pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen.
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position.
Hours & Location
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
Arc Broward offers a wide range of benefits for our full time employees. Part time employees are also eligible for some of our benefits after a full year of employment!
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment & paid holidays.
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Benefits for Part Time & Per-Diem Employees:
- Eligibility for 403b contribution after 1,000 hours of time worked.
- Supplemental insurance benefits including Accident, Critical Illness & Hospital Confinement.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities