Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Arc Broward
The Student Recruiter will work with participants in Arc Broward’s Arc Works program to explore and secure post-secondary education, as desired. Priority focus will be on young adults aging out of high school, and those entering Arc Broward’s culinary arts and material handler certificate and training programs. The recruiter will help to support the Arc Works, Culinary Arts, Arc Educates, Youth Links, and School of Hire Education programs.
For more than 60 years, Arc Broward has worked hand-in-hand with our community, changing how people with disabilities and other life challenges are embraced and included. This critical work ensures that people with disabilities, not only live, learn, work, and play in their communities, but more importantly, thrive. Arc Broward operates at 9 locations and provides 21 programs throughout Broward County, including its pioneering Social Enterprises - Arc Educates and Arc Culinary.
Do you love helping people and being a part of a team? Arc Broward is seeking candidates who are energetic, compassionate, entrepreneurial individuals who want to have an impact on other people’s lives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish collaborative relationships with area colleges, local technical centers, high schools, and other certificate programs to explore available opportunities for students and job seekers to enroll in advanced education and post-secondary experiences.
- Effectively recruit qualified candidates into our post secondary programs. Determine applicant suitability by interviewing, analyzing responses, verifying references, and Prep Cook comparing qualifications with the potential of educational success and employment outcomes.
- Coordinates and facilitates outreach for recruitment purposes to community agencies, businesses, high schools, community schools, GED Centers, etc. Requires a high level of interface with all high school and post-secondary constituencies including but not limited to students, faculty, staff, and prospective students, and with college disability services. Responsible for prospective student follow-up and communication to resolve potential barriers.
- Advises prospective students on academic and career opportunities at Arc Broward. Inform and refer students, as needed to certification programs.
- Provides students with information and resources to successfully prepare them for Arc Broward’s post-secondary educational training and career opportunities. Engages student prospects and applicants through the enrollment process.
Maintains accurate data for reports and informed decision-making as well as produce run rate activity and performance reports, as needed utilizing CRM software and Microsoft Office applications.
- Requires a high level of interface with all post-secondary constituencies including but not limited to students, faculty, staff, and prospective students, and with college disability services.
- Excellent organization, communication, and detail-oriented skills are essential for this position.
- A high level of customer service, patience, creativity and an ability to assist people with a variety of challenges are essential to this position.
- Exceptional multi-tasking abilities, interpersonal/cross cultural communication skills, a high degree of multicultural and international competency, and the ability to complete tasks with accuracy and meet deadlines.
- Candidate should be able to work as part of a team, but just as well individually.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Business, Economics or related field.
- Minimum of one year related experience in sales, post-secondary education services or supporting individuals with disabilities.
- Must have a valid Florida Driver’s License, which does not have any excessive chargeable points. Insurance company will determine insurability based upon Motor Vehicle report.
- Requires local travel in own vehicle to various company and recruiting sites as necessary.
- May be required to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. in various forms and occasionally bend, reach, and stretch.
Desired Skills and Abilities
- Must possess strong, decision-making, analytical abilities, and ability to thrive in a metrics driven position.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Performs all interactions with the highest level of customer service and professionalism.
- Must have strong work ethic, positive attitude, willingness to help others, and excellent teamwork.
- Ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, learn quickly, solve problems and make decisions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Internet, and familiarity with data tracking systems.
- Ability to work effectively independently, as well as in a team environment.
Rate of Pay:
- $19.23 per hour
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Health Insurance Benefits to include medical, dental, and vision. *Includes Domestic Partner
- Supplemental life insurance benefits
- Short term and Long term disability
- Over five-weeks Paid Time Off plan for employees in their 1st year of employment
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- 403b Plan contribution opportunity from day 1 of employment. Employer match after 6 months of employment.
Arc Broward is an Equal Opportunity Employer and abides by the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and state laws governing employment of individuals with disabilities