Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Employment Specialist/ Job Coach
at Arc Broward
Arc Broward, a well-established, nationally accredited, non-profit organization based in Sunrise, Florida is currently looking for a driven and compassionate Employment Specialist to join our growing family.
The Employment Specialist position is responsible for job coaching services, direct observation, assessment of skills, and supporting participants on the job. This position will allow staff to make an impact on an individual with disability’s quality of life, self-value, and independence as well as to enhance workplace culture. A successful candidate must possess excellent customer service skills, be willing and capable of working with autonomy, have reliable transportation during work hours, and be proficient in Microsoft Office to compile data and write report summaries.
- Provide job coaching services to the program participants which includes, learning and teaching a wide variety of job tasks and work safety skills; serving as an advocate and liaison between the employer and consumer; and assessing the program participant’s needs on the job site as they arise.
- Complete and submit documentation of work activities.
- Mentor and motivate the participants to perform their job functions efficiently and thoroughly.
- Be a positive role model and ambassador of Arc Broward, while maintaining appropriate behaviors at all times.
- An Associate’s Degree or higher from an accredited college or university, in an unrelated field with two years’ work experience in job placement, job coaching or counseling; or employment in a public vocational rehabilitation program or other direct employment, education, or training experience working with persons with disabilities. OR
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business or economics) from an accredited college or university, with at least one year work experience as described above. OR
- A Master’s Degree in a related field (rehabilitation, counseling, social work, psychology, education, human resources, business or economics) from an accredited college or university, with six months’ working experience as described above.
- Must successfully complete the extensive training required by the funders, including two pre-service online courses.
- Must pass a pre-employment Level 2 criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must have a valid Florida driver’s license with reliable transportation.
- Reliable, consistent work attendance is a requirement and essential function of this position.
The position requires a flexible work schedule.